Too Depressing!

Robin O.
on 3/12/08 8:58 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
I see all these peole getting dates, blah blah blah.  I have tried 2 Doctors with no good results.  Therefore this time I am giving up until I can get moved to another State.  I have had nothing but bad luck since we moved here and I can not wait to get out!  I mean nothing bad towards anyone here so please do not take this the wrong way!  I am just not an AZ fan by no means.  I wish you all well in upcoming surgeries, weight loss, etc.  I just can not take the stress of the waiting and disappointments any longer.  Please keep your fingers crossed for us that orders come soon! 
azreggie
on 3/12/08 9:49 am, edited 3/14/08 9:06 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Robin, So sorry to hear about this turn of events.  I wish you the best. Reggie

Reggie

Azskyprincess
on 3/12/08 2:14 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12

Robin did you ever go see Dr Simon ...I was in and out in 8 weeks ( I did have easy insurance UHC)  let me know ...Lisa

ginau
on 3/13/08 11:12 pm - mesa, AZ
Robin I am so sorry  your have a tough time, I am not sure what the problem is , But dont let location keep you from fighting  for the surgery. I went Dr shopping and kept working  till I found one who believed in me and was willing to fight Ins  with me .  Hang in there, if its meant to be it will happen !  It only took me  3yrs
TooFunnyTiffany
on 3/14/08 3:54 am - AZ
I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time trying to find a doctor.  I went to Scottsdale Bariaric - Dr. Robin Blackstone.  She was out of my network for my insurance, but she is SO worth it.  Are you having trouble findng a surgeon? Or a Primary Care doctor to ensure you get the requirements done for the surgery? Keep your chin up - something is bound to come through for you!
Nicole W.
on 3/14/08 4:28 am - Cave Creek, AZ
You giving up, the insurance company WINS!  Keep fighting the battle, in the long run it is worth it.

TinkerBell

Gena L.
on 3/15/08 5:33 am - Sun City, AZ
Why are you giving up?  And why can you not establish with one of the surgeons?  If you want something bad enough then it is worth working for.  I can not see any sense in blaming the State of AZ for this.  Starting over can be tough, but perhaps the 3rd time will be the charm Robin.

Jenn B.
on 3/17/08 2:24 pm - Tempe, AZ
Robin, I totally understand your frustration.  The first time I went for approval was 3 years ago with a different doctor in the state then the doctor I actually ended up having the surgery with, and while I was so frustrated when my first attempt was denied, I am so thankful now. I too ended up with Dr. Blackstone at Scottsdale Bariatric.  Dr. Blackstone's program is rigid and you have to really want it, but as long as you prove your in it, girl they are in it with you.  They will GO TO BAT with the insurance company for you.  Not to mention, they rarely have to because this is all they do.  They know what, who, and how detailed to submit the information too. Don't give up, when it's right it will happen! Jenn
neverbeenthin
on 3/21/08 9:28 am - Yuma, AZ
I can relate. I got denied, was told I had to lose 35 lbs.  I live in AZ but went to a doc in CA.  Can you go to CA?
Most Active