What were you eating a month out?

westvalley
on 3/12/08 7:53 am - Glendale, AZ
I was just curious as to what people were eating at a month out. I have seen so many people eat so many different things and I am sure it just depends on your surgeons post-op instructions. Some things I thought I would not be able to eat at one month out some people are. Thanks
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
20candy07
on 3/13/08 9:11 am - Tolleson, AZ
Hi, If you are talking about 1 month post op Dr. J's nutritionist prescibed  pureed food and protein drinks.   I could not stand the thought of puree (reminds me of baby food) so I would eat chicken from the pot.   I would make chicken soup  for the family.  Legs and thigh meat makes good soup.   I would not use white meat cause it was too dry.  East the meat first then drink the liquid an hour or so later. It counts as part of the 64+ ounces of liquid we are suppose to drink a day.   I would also eat string cheese.  Always eat protein first, then vegetables then starch.  Eat very slowly about an ounce every 10 minutes so the pouch doesn't stretch.....Nothing was appetizing at that time.  I was never a picky eater...cuz I did get overweight...but, after surgery nothing was appealing.  I did crave salad.  Salad is something some people cannot tolerate until 6 months or more post op.  I had a bad experience with shrimp ****tail... That made me sick and gave me some really bad pouch pains.  I thought I would get some protein in by eating shrimp and it did not agree with me.  So everyone is different all you can do is take all the experiences in and make the best choices you can.  I'm sure Dr. B. has a nutritionist and will give you a program to follow for your post op care.  te I wish you the best!! You will look and feel so much better not too mention being more healthy......I'm 62 pounds lighter and feel great so far.   Candy
Nicole W.
on 3/13/08 3:41 pm - Cave Creek, AZ

At one month on Dr. Blackstone's plan you can have lean proteins such as fish, chicken and turkey.  Eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, low-fat cheese, low-fat dressings, cooked veggies, non-citrus fruits. You add the veggies and fruits with a 4:1 protein ratio.  4 bites of protein to one non-protein item.  It is like that until your 4 month visit.   Randy will describe the first 4 months ast boot camp... developing new habits to last a lifetime.   Unfortunately during the honeymoon period you start to try out new things, snacking, not mindfully eating etc.  I am not starting back to month one again to get myself back on track, because I am scared and I see myself going back to old eating habits.  I am not seeing Randy monthly to stay on track too! Many surgeons have different food plans and what they are allowed to eat... stay with Blackstone's plan.  Once you have your pre-op classes and so on... you will get your blue binder with all your info you need. ~Nicole

TinkerBell

Most Active