Anybody have revision to stop weight loss ?

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/08 2:27 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Thank you all for the great response and advise. As always you guys rocks. I have an appointment to see Dr Blackstone herself. I made a list of my problems and I am taking it with me. Dr Blackstone has never let me down. I will always have faith in her until proven otherwise. I am calling Dr Schlesinger back tomorrow to make an appointment in case things dont work out. Thank you all again. I am always astonished by the support I get from the AZ Forum.
westvalley
on 3/11/08 10:41 pm - Glendale, AZ
Good Luck!
M. clarke
on 3/12/08 3:21 pm
Jeremy, Sorry to hear about your situation :( You might check the November 2007 surgery forum. I know there was a girl in there with the same situation. I haven't been in there since before Christmas, but I know at that time her situation was pretty dire. She was I think down to like 125 pounds or something, and in serious crisis. Same situation where her weight loss wasn't stopping. You might just pop in there, and see if there are any current posts. You will be in my prayers.
Janette
on 3/16/08 1:08 pm - Peoria, AZ
Follow the advice and see the Dr. I had RNY 7-13-04. Went from 366lbs in18 months to 136 and leveled off. 6 months later at 2 yrs. I followed everything to the T and took each and every supplement I was supposed to and still do. The out the bottom fell out at 2 yrs out, I had surgery for an ulcer and fistula and I have been very very ill since, Multiple surgeries, more infections both GI and blood, numerous picc and central lines for TPN to feed me, 2 G and 1 J tube, numerous iron and even blood transfusions r/t low low iron and already this yr in the hospital 3 xs for infections. My lowest wt was @ 116 and I am 5'5" and finally at 136 again and maintaining. It is hard to find Drs to do revisions. I belong to a yahoo board for WLS people with complications and there is alot of info about that on that board and Drs who do reversals. I am still pro WLS as it saved my life but again i find myself struggling to save it and its a daily battle.   Janette
(deactivated member)
on 3/17/08 12:22 am - Gilbert, AZ
Janette, Thank you for sharing your story with me and also your wonderful wisdom. I will email you further. I have my first of many tests this morning. They want to make sure the surgery is doing what it is suppose to do.
westvalley
on 3/17/08 3:45 am - Glendale, AZ
Good Luck and keep us posted.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
(deactivated member)
on 3/17/08 12:40 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I had my meeting with Dr Blackstone today. She reminded me why I chose her for Surgery. She is an amazing woman. She spoke to me for over an hour and she is helping me find the answers. She is also concerned with my weight amd my prealbumin levels. I also had a EGD this morning and they found nothing wrong from my esophagus to my Jejunom hook up.
Most Active