Anybody have revision to stop weight loss ?

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/08 1:29 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I have considered a revision because my weight loss will not stop. My labs keep decreasing even though I am doubled up on my protein and vitamins. I dont think I am absorbing anything. I cant sleep, have shakes in my hands, muscle weakness, abdominal pain/burning, cant put muscle on, tingles in my legs at night, dizzyness, and now supposedly I have a leak in my pouch when I eat air goes into my chest and neck causing a horrible pain and shortness of breath because it limits the room my lungs can expand. Please help with some direction.
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/08 5:37 pm - AZ
On March 9, 2008 at 8:29 PM Pacific Time, Jeremy C. wrote:
I have considered a revision because my weight loss will not stop. My labs keep decreasing even though I am doubled up on my protein and vitamins. I dont think I am absorbing anything. I cant sleep, have shakes in my hands, muscle weakness, abdominal pain/burning, cant put muscle on, tingles in my legs at night, dizzyness, and now supposedly I have a leak in my pouch when I eat air goes into my chest and neck causing a horrible pain and shortness of breath because it limits the room my lungs can expand. Please help with some direction.
Wow... so sorry to hear of these problems.  What does Dr. Blackstone say about this?
Candi Y.
on 3/10/08 1:51 am - Cottonwood, AZ
So sorry, Is there a revision for RNY?  Hang in there and make sure your getting your nutriuents!  GOOD LUCK!
JRinAZ
on 3/10/08 3:31 am - Layton, UT
Jeremy, What does Dr. Blackstone say?  You've been chatting with her, right?  .....  You definitely need to see a doc and if you're after other Revision surgeon's, I would recommend my revision Doc:  Dr. Eric Schlesinger, as well as Dr. Juarez; both who have taken on many cases that other's won't touch. Take care of YOU!  Keep us posted!  Let us know how we can help you!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Nicole W.
on 3/10/08 4:00 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Jeremy, WOW!  I agree with everyone else... you need to call Dr. Blackstone ASAP!  or get yourself to Scottsdale Shea ER.   ~Nicole

TinkerBell

westvalley
on 3/10/08 8:22 am - Glendale, AZ
~*HUGS TO YOU*~ I am really sorry to hear this. I agree with the comments posted. If you have consulted with Dr B directly and still aren't getting any assistance I would go the route Joyce suggested...try a surgeon who has experience in doing lots of revisions. Your symptoms sound like you need immediate attention. Keep us posted. I'll keep you in my prayers.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/08 9:14 am - Gilbert, AZ
Thank you all for your support. I have called and emailed to Melissa who is Dr Blackstone's right hand. She said she is unavailable until tomorrow. These symptons have been going on for months. Except for the leak problem. I have researched reversals but can not find anything on revisions. I know I am probably in the minority with problems of losing too much by what I have read on this website. I do not in any way think Dr Blackstone has failed me but I do believe my body is not taking well to all the lack of nourishment and absorbtion. If I was not taking the amount of vitamins and protein that i am then i would probably be in the hospital fighting for my life.
Deanne K.
on 3/10/08 2:06 pm - Tucson, AZ
Have you called and made an appointment to see Dr. Blackstone?  I know that Randy will probably want to see you first, but you can tell them that you know you have a poblem and you want to see her yourself and not Randy.   I hope she will do something to help you.  If not make an appointment to see Dr. Schlesinger.  You cannot let this go without it being addressed.   Don't take NO for an answer.   I only got to see her when I had proof of a problem that they wouldn't even run the tests on. 
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/08 2:21 pm - AZ
On March 10, 2008 at 9:06 PM Pacific Time, Deanne K. wrote:
Have you called and made an appointment to see Dr. Blackstone?  I know that Randy will probably want to see you first, but you can tell them that you know you have a poblem and you want to see her yourself and not Randy.   I hope she will do something to help you.  If not make an appointment to see Dr. Schlesinger.  You cannot let this go without it being addressed.   Don't take NO for an answer.   I only got to see her when I had proof of a problem that they wouldn't even run the tests on. 
That happened to a friend of mine.  She kept telling Dr. Blackstone that something was wrong, she was still a newbie and I think they kinda dismissed her thinking it was all part of the process.  Turns out, her potassium levels were bottoming out.  She ended up going to ER where it was diagnosed and she was admitted for potassium IVs.
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/08 1:03 pm - AZ

Jeremy so sorry to hear of your issues. I know that Dr B will take care of you!!!

Best of luck to you, let me know how you are doing, I feel so bad for you..

Take care, Erin

Most Active