Looking for people in AZ who have had Stomaphyx!!

EmilieSingh
on 3/8/08 11:49 pm - Scottsdale, Az
Hi there, I had a gastric bypass about 9 years ago and have been really stable in weight until the past few months.  I have gained about 20 pounds and am interested in having stomaphyx. I know my insurance won't cover it until I gain more weight but I just don't want to wait.  I am interested in hearing from anyone who has had stomaphyx in AZ. Are you happy with it? Have you lost weight? Is it constricting your food intake as much as you thought it would? Anything you can tell me wouldbe helpful. Thanks,  Emilie
Cynthia Johnson
on 3/12/08 2:48 am
Hi, I'm checking into this myself.  I've gained 100lbs back.
JRinAZ
on 3/12/08 8:04 am - Layton, UT
My .02 is that if you have more than 50 pounds to lose then a Revision to a mroe malabsorptive procedure would be more beneficial in the long run.  Stomaphyx  aids in restriction which is fine if you are very disciplined or if you have less than a 50 regain or pounds not lost the first round. I've known many folks who have done very well with a Stomaphyx.   I had a revision from a proximal Rny to an Extended Rny 11 weeks ago and have lost all of my regain plus a few more!   Good Luck!  Do lots of research before you make your decision and definitely go with a surgeon who specializes in Revisions.  It can be much more complicated surgery the 2nd time.  ......  If you pop over to the Revision Forum on O.H. and go backwards in the posting, Dr. Schlesinger posted some ABC'S of Revisions that helps sort it all out.  .......  Keep us posted!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Cynthia Johnson
on 3/13/08 11:23 am
Hello and thank you for the response and feedback.  I have a consult on 4/3/08 with Dr. S in PHX.  I also found and read his posting about the ABC's.  How are you doing?  Do you participate in the groups on the third Sat of the month? Look forward to hearing from you again.
JRinAZ
on 3/14/08 5:53 am - Layton, UT
Hi there! You are going to LOVE Dr. Schlesinger!  He is  such a kind, personable but "thorough" doc!  .......I haven't been able to make the support group on the 3rd Sat yet, but think I can swing it next month.   Maybe we can pow wow there?  .....   Thanks for asking about me!  I've lost 37 pounds and am 3 pounds from my goal.  I think I already passed my doc's goal......BUT, if I asked the insurance guys what I should weigh then I'd probably need to lose about 10 more!  Keep me posted on what you decide and let me know if you're heading to any support groups around the valley!  I love meeting with on-line buds when possible! Any chance you can make the all day seminar on the 29th of March?  It will be followed by the AZ Spring Fling which is ALWAYS a blast!!!!  ....  A full day of info and fun....'just for us'!.....  I heard they have an early bird special:  www.makeitalifestyle.com  I'll definitely be at both events cuz my boss, Dr. Gitt at North Valley Plastic Surgery is co-hosting. C U soon! Joyce
justcuz
on 3/13/08 12:26 pm - Maricopa, AZ

Hey Joyce, probably time for you to update that signiture line to shout to the world how you've done since your surgery.   :-)

congrats on your success!

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

JRinAZ
on 3/14/08 5:57 am - Layton, UT
Ahhhh....you know me....I dont' need a signatuare line to go shouting around!  LOL!  .....  Maybe I'll go check into one of those Glamour Shot packages, update my signature line and then reward myself with some shopping!!!!  ....I'm holding off for 3 more pounds though!!!  Thanks bunches for the congrats!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active