Tricare Prime -

20candy07
on 3/8/08 4:29 am - Tolleson, AZ

Has anyone used Tricare Prime for cosmetic surgery to remove the panni after WLS?   Thanks, Candy

MShawn62
on 3/9/08 4:01 am - Avondale, AZ

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure what "panni" means.  I have Tricare Prime, but didn't even think about the fact that they may cover any cosmetic surgery.  I sure hope it's possible. Shawn

20candy07
on 3/9/08 4:57 am - Tolleson, AZ
Hi Shawn, It's the loose stomach skin that hangs.  A tummy tuck type surgery usually takes care of that.  I think it's called a pannilectomy.   Candy
MShawn62
on 3/9/08 10:51 am - Avondale, AZ
Oh wow.  I will really need that after surgery.  I really hope Tricare covers something.  Do other insurances cover this type of procedure?
Kanetaco
on 3/9/08 12:41 pm - Phoenix, AZ

It's possible that they will cover it.  The wordage is very important when it comes to this type of procedure.  I have personally met someone that had tricare and had it covered.  It was not considered a cosmetic procedure that is for sure.   One of the people in  our office used to work at a plastic surgery center and they would routinely get insurance to pay for this procedure.  I would gather that it doesn’t have as good of an  appearance as a tummy tuck because the goal it not on look but on overall health. 

Why don’t you try a few different plastic surgeons and see what they think?  I could look into it and give you a few listings if you want.  Let me know.  Best of luck to you!

Thanks,

Clay 

azreggie
on 3/9/08 2:45 pm - Tucson, AZ
That would be wonderful!  Thanks.

Reggie

Most Active