Intolerable foods: List them here!

SisterMadly
on 3/8/08 7:07 am, edited 3/8/08 7:10 am
Well, I am three months out, and so far I have lost about fifty pounds.  I am feeling better every day.  One thing I learned recently, and the hard way  is that leftover rice is a definate no-no!  The first time I puked, I thought it was from the spiciness of curry, and not the rice that was under it.  The second time though, it was definately from the leftover rice.  I looked around today and found that other people have had trouble with leftover rice.  So!  What else has anyone had trouble with, so I don't make the same mistake.  I think it will be beneficial to everyone if we all list the foods that have bothered us.  What do you think?  What doesn't your pouch like?  So far, for me, it has just been the leftover rice.     
Azskyprincess
on 3/8/08 7:36 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
for me rice is a NO NO NO ...makes me sick and Dr said to stay away from it..I am not a big fan of meat anymore..and all I can eat is the hard crust from like french bread type breads..
Lori A.
on 3/8/08 11:47 am - Mesa, AZ
Pasta, bread (xcept a few bites of VERY crunchy ends), rice, red meat, lettuce

Lori Acierto
1/4/06 Lapband
Dr. Terry Simpson M.D. F.A.C.S.
(4'9") 215/159/135/115 (ultimate goal)

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/08 1:59 pm - AZ
I was completely unfilled due to having the flu and coughing my lungs out so without a fill, I realized today that I still can't eat eggs.  They are evil.  The devil sent them here to make banded people suffer for trying to eat them. Most everything with flour in it and EVERYTHING with flour and yeast together.  I hurl like a champ. But then, it was flour products that got me fat.  I want to revise to a sleeve but I fear doing it because I might be able to eat bread again.  The band makes it so I can't eat flour/bread and that is what works for me.
kathleen-ann
on 3/10/08 4:39 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ

rice when given to pidgeons they explode...what do you think rice is doing to your pouch...and bread is a no no...

Ladies the rice and bread have hardly any nutrients that you need....Fill up with Protien and dark veg's....

moirap
on 3/11/08 2:48 pm - Mesa, AZ
I cant eat cereal any kind. The funny thing is that was my favorite food before surgery. I cant eat sugar either
Cassi J.
on 3/12/08 11:19 am - AZ
Fried foods don't agree with me.  They don't make me throw up, but I feel generally "yucky".  However, I think that's a side effect I can live with!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Most Active