Citrical calcium bites

dfavre
on 3/5/08 7:54 am - Maricopa, AZ
I am having a tough time finding them these days, any advice?  I used to get them cheap at drugstore.com, but they stopped carrying them.  So did Frys and Bashas...ugh!
Deanne K.
on 3/5/08 8:32 am - Tucson, AZ
I think I saw them posted on one of the boards that they were discontinued.
eastsidekid
on 3/6/08 6:27 am
You can find them at Amazon.com - cheaper too.
AliciaB
on 3/6/08 8:40 am - AZ
I really like the Kirkland brand of Calcium Chews, taste like chocolate cake batter. ( the bad girls in me likes it) I think they were $13.00 for 150 of them 500 mg.
dfavre
on 3/6/08 11:23 am - Maricopa, AZ
excellent, was blackstone's office cool with the brand?  If so, where can I get them?
Gena L.
on 3/10/08 8:14 am - Sun City, AZ
Are they calcium citrate or carbonate?  So far the good chews I have found have been carbonate.  Trader Joe's has 2 soft chewables....I checked just today. Chocolate and Fruit flavor....but they are calcium carbonate and the first 2 ingredients are.....sugar and corn syrup!

westvalley
on 3/10/08 8:32 am - Glendale, AZ
This is what I asked the nutritionist at SBC:  Do you know anything about Kirkland brand calcium chews? It doesn't specifically say citrate calcium but someone mentioned it but I thought I would double check. I added a link in case you haven't seen or heard of it. Can you recommend a citrate calcium CHEW if this brand is not appropriate. Thanks!   http://www.vitasprings.com/kirkland-signature-calcium-chews- 150.html Her Response: Hi --   No, these are a calcium carbonate so you will not absorb them well.  You can always check the ingredients list to see what type of calcium the product contains.  Costco does carry Kirkland calcium citrate tablets, which may be what someone was referring to that we approved.  The only calcium citrate creamy chews that I know of that were on the market were the Creamy Bites and these have been discontinued.  There are chewable wafers available at Hi Health called "UltraPlan Ultimate Calcium Citrate 2000."  They taste similar to sweet tarts.  4 wafers contain 1,100 mg of calcium citrate.  Another product that a lot of people like is found at Sprouts and it is a liquid formula that you only have to take 2 tablespoons of daily.  It is called Lifetime Liquid Calcium Magnesium Citrate.  I recommend the blueberry flavor.  If you are comfortable with pills at this stage (and you are at least 1 month post-op), you can switch to tablets.  Kirkland makes a calcium citrate pill, as does Citracal, which you can find at most drug stores.  I hope this helps...let us know if you have any other questions.  Take care - Samantha 
Gena L.
on 3/10/08 3:04 pm - Sun City, AZ
I went to Sprouts tonight to check out the liquid calcium. I was surprised they had so many different liquid brands. I purchased the one recommended by Samantha in Julie's message, above. I purchased the Lifetime Liquid Calcium Magnesium Citrate. I paid $10.99 for a 16 oz bottle. There are at least 6 different flavors, of this brand. Lemon (which I bought), strawberry, grape, orange/vanilla, pina colada and blueberry. The label says pre-acidified and easily assimilated & absorbed. 1 tablesoon has 6 calories, 1.3 gms carbs, 1.25 gms of fructose, 400 i.u vitamin B, calcium (from citrate elemental 600 mg, magnesium 300 mg.Other ingredients: water, fructose, natural lemon custard flavor, cellulose gum, citric acid and ascoric acid. Needs to be stored in the refrigerator after opening. Taste?  It is slightly chalky but not bad and I like the lemon flavor. Is there enough fructose in it to be an issue? I am too new to this to know the answer. There were other clear liquid calciums. I will take this to pre-op teaching Friday to see what Good Sam bariatric has to say. I personally don't want to chase down any more calcium products....I would say that IF this one does not meet standards then Sprouts MUST have another that will.  I will take it till gone then replace it with the recommended one. Gena

Lady Lithia
on 3/11/08 11:18 pm
Gena, I bought some UpCalD (I paid a fortune for mine, but later found it's $10.95/bottle on amazon.com) If you need to get in 1500 to 2000 mg of calcium citrate per day (as my program requires) and if you drink milk or consume other foods with some calcium, then you can take 3 scoops of the upCalD during your typical day. (that's 1500 mg/ 500 mg per scooop) You mix it with some flavored drink and cannot taste the flavor (I tried it last night and noticed no change in flavor). For $16.90 (that is the price with shipping) you get a 75 day supply, you don't have to refrigerate, and if you make protein shakes into snack sized baggies so you won't have to have the canisters with you, you can always pre-mix in the calcium so you don't even have to think about it. 

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

AliciaB
on 3/6/08 10:57 pm - AZ
Hey there They were fine with the brand, as far as Randy. I get them at the Costco. Kirkland is their brand. It has a much better taste and the price was right. I figure if it is the right mg's and meet the standard they will be great if I can stomach the taste.  Good Luck Alicia
Most Active