I have approval! & a date! sort of....

Gena L.
on 3/5/08 7:44 am, edited 3/5/08 8:25 am - Sun City, AZ
     I got approval.....and found out it was not necessary to have it to begin with .   I have Medicare A (hospitialization only) and just found out that because I had the Medicare A ...that BC/BS FEP does NOT require preauthorization! Isn't that a kicker?  I could have had surgery MONTHS ago. Deep breaths....deep breaths......anyway my surgery will be April 3rd or 10th. Get a firm date tomorrow. I am to call Nicole at 4pm and get the date How do I get rid of the red guy? Gena

azreggie
on 3/5/08 7:47 am - Tucson, AZ
We can be surgery buddies.  Mine is scheduled for april 4th, at Good Samaritan.  Do you know what hospital you're going to be in?

Reggie

Gena L.
on 3/5/08 7:56 am - Sun City, AZ
I will see you in the halls at Good Sam! We can hold each other up as we walk ;-)

azreggie
on 3/5/08 8:32 am - Tucson, AZ
Right on!  This is so exciting, isn't it? I'm so glad you're not in limbo anymore.  I was there for quite a while.  Congrats!

Reggie

Gena L.
on 3/5/08 8:42 am - Sun City, AZ
;-) thank you!  I am not sure it has really sunk in yet....I so worried about approval......and did not need to! Gena

westvalley
on 3/5/08 9:11 am - Glendale, AZ
CONGRATS!!!!! I am so excited for you! We won't have the exact same date but we can definitely be surgery sisters!! Yay! See you on the loser bench.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Gena L.
on 3/5/08 9:30 am - Sun City, AZ
Thank you Julie....I am just sort of floating around here.....don't think my feet have touched the floor since the first call came!  I can not quite envision what we will look like this time next year.  I can not wait to flush my oral diabetes meds down the toilet.....and I have to find a really big and fitting finish to my insulin and syringes!

dawnmaher
on 3/5/08 12:10 pm - Surprise, AZ
Gena that is fantastic!  I know you probably are excited and nervous all at the same time.   I know I am.  Not sure yet if I will be going to the support meeting.  I will let you know and thanks for the offer of a ride!  I too can't wait to get rid of all my meds and my cpap machine.  that will be a cause for celebration! Dawn
Gena L.
on 3/5/08 12:29 pm - Sun City, AZ
Hi Dawn....yes I am very pleased and glad that is over with.  So you have a CPAP also. I will be glad to give mine up too.  I have severe fibromyalga and have a REAL problem with sleep deprivation so I may not be able to give mine up so easily. I can not wait to give up the insulin and syringes!  I have not seen you in sometime...last I saw you, you were quite trim.  I wish I had done this several years ago but since I do not work in a hospital any longer I was not aware they were doing this via endoscopes, and my last job was in endoscopy ;-) So much for keeping up with technology! I think this week is not going to be so much a support meeting as as a meet and greet at Chuy's as the classroom is not available at the hospital on Sat.  Hubby's are going but Jim already had plans so I will probably go alone.  Gena

westvalley
on 3/5/08 10:19 pm - Glendale, AZ
I was thinking of going to the support group meeting at Chuy's. It will be nice to see you there.
Most Active