about post-op vitamens

Gena L.
on 3/4/08 12:36 pm - Sun City, AZ
I know myself well...as evidenced by the number of vitamen bottles that are half full and need to be tossed.  I am looking for a good one to use after surgery.  Has anyone tried the GBG 10-in-One liquid multi formula.  It sounds like it would be ideal...but if I buy everything that sounds ideal for a post-op RNYer...I will have to file bankruptcy.  If you have tried it I would love to hear from you. If you have not tried it and have a good reason why not...I would still like to hear from you. Thanks... 

azreggie
on 3/5/08 4:54 am - Tucson, AZ
I would talk to my Dr's office and see what they suggest first.

Reggie

Gena L.
on 3/5/08 4:59 am - Sun City, AZ
Yes, plan to do that ;-) Thank you!

20candy07
on 3/5/08 5:08 am - Tolleson, AZ
Dr. Juarez's has a nutritionist on staff that will educate you with the vitamins, food stages, etc.  They will teach you everything you need to take care of yourself after the surgeryn  Her name is Jenel Day at 602.251.8828 or [email protected].  They have those ABC classes and the pre and post op classes.  I ate 2 Flintstone vitamins 3 times a day right after surgery.  Now I'm taking the Walgreen Multivitimins twice a day, 500 mg of  Biotin twice a day and B-12 Sublingual.  I need to take calcium but cannot find a chewable I can stand.  I can't seem to find the Calcium Citrate wafers anywhere I hear about.  Hope this helps.... My best regards, Candy
Deanne K.
on 3/5/08 5:13 am - Tucson, AZ
I love the Bariatric Advantage vitamins myself.  They are costly, but I know I am getting the best.  I haven't had any vitamin problems since my surgery over 3 years ago.
David S.
on 3/8/08 9:15 pm
For a long time I took 2 flinstone vitamins 2 times a day.  Then I found the chewable centrum (or generic at walgreens).  I try to take one of those 2 times a day.  I also take the chewable calcium cubes at the same time (carmel flavor). 
Dave from AZ     
Gena L.
on 3/8/08 11:05 pm - Sun City, AZ
Thank you...I will look at these. Especially a caramel flavored calcium...sounds yummy!

David S.
on 3/9/08 5:55 am
The brand name is Viactive.  We buy it at costco, but I think I've seen it at the Walgreen's pharmacy too.  It comes in Chocolate or caramel flavor.  My wife and I both like the carmel flavor more.
Dave from AZ     
westvalley
on 3/9/08 10:33 am - Glendale, AZ
Are the Viactiv citrate calcium? I am having trouble finding a citrate calcium chewable.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
David S.
on 3/9/08 1:16 pm
no, it's calcium carbonate.
Dave from AZ     
Most Active