Blackstone no longer accepting medicare or medicare advantage plans

BoneyMaroney
on 3/5/08 12:13 pm
oH,  i can still get fills at blackstone but on cash basis.  I wanted to get insurance coverage instead for fills.  So if it comes down to paying, I am sticking with her.  She never said she wouldn't 'service' my band.  She isn't taking medicare anymore thats the problem.

Top weight 244/ surgery 236/goal 137
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/08 12:15 pm - AZ
On March 5, 2008 at 8:13 PM Pacific Time, BoneyMaroney wrote:
oH,  i can still get fills at blackstone but on cash basis.  I wanted to get insurance coverage instead for fills.  So if it comes down to paying, I am sticking with her.  She never said she wouldn't 'service' my band.  She isn't taking medicare anymore thats the problem.
How much does she charge for fills? One deal I would work out with her is to agree to pay what insurance WOULD have paid if she was taking it.  Thing is, she did your surgery with the agreement she would take care of your band.  She needs to hold up to her end of the bargain.  It's assumed she'll care for you under insurance.  It's not like your insurance changed, she did. Find out what she would have been paid and offer to pay that.
BoneyMaroney
on 3/5/08 1:33 pm

She did my surgery with the agreement she would care for the band and she isn't NOT going to care for me or the band.  She just isn't accepting medicare anymore.  She is charging her cash price now for office visits and for the fills.  I don't have to pay her price if I want to go elsewhere.  That is why I was going to try to find another doctor to do the fills on my insurance.  I think medicare paid her about $800 for the surgery and pays her about $75 for fills.  They quoted me about 4 times that for fills if I am on cash basis.  Hopefully, I won't need anymore fills.  Hopefully my band won't displace.   Maybe I can get to goal eventually without office visits.  I am losing so slowly I am frustrated but my bmr is only 1600 calories so I have to eat about 400 calories maximum daily to actually lose weight and that is practically impossible to do.  So I lose about 4 lbs a month.  Oh it wasn't my day today.

Jenn B.
on 3/19/08 1:11 pm - Tempe, AZ
May I ask what she charges for cash fills?  I just had my surgery under BCBS.  My insurance will change in May to United Health Care through my company.  My company's policy did not include covering WLS, however I'm not sure if "maintaining" a current WLS will be covered (such as getting fills for my band).  I'm curious what she charges as a cash office visit for a fill.
BoneyMaroney
on 3/20/08 2:11 am
I don't have a clue what she charges.  I think the going rate is about $250 though. She probably has different prices depending on the patient.

Most Active