Blackstone no longer accepting medicare or medicare advantage plans

BoneyMaroney
on 3/3/08 9:23 am, edited 3/3/08 9:24 am
Now what?  I have had my surgery but now I won't get the follow up.  This sux and I wonder why she did this!

Top weight 244/ surgery 236/goal 137
Deanne K.
on 3/3/08 12:17 pm - Tucson, AZ

I found this out about a month ago, as she cancelled a surgery for a guy here in tucson that the newspaper was following.  Don't know why, he just disappeared from support group and I found something regarding it on the internet.  I would ask, what they want you to do now?

BoneyMaroney
on 3/3/08 8:48 pm
They wrote in the letter that we are to pay in cash from now on.  Wonder how much that will be.

Deanne K.
on 3/3/08 11:25 pm - Tucson, AZ
I guess you will need to call and askk.
Nicole W.
on 3/4/08 5:35 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I noticed that when I was in the office today.  They same happened with United Healthcare last year and then they were taking United Healthcare again. Do you have secondary insurance that you can have your visits cover?  If you cannot afford out of pocket expenses, I am sure she will refer you to someone that is excellent in the field.  I don't think they will leave you high and dry, I would expect for them to help you as much as possible. ~Nicole

TinkerBell

BoneyMaroney
on 3/4/08 11:10 pm
No, I am being left high and dry.  One of the things they drill into you in getting your business in the first place is that doctors will not work on other doctor's patients.  The other doctors in town that take medicare won't pick up where blackstone left you off.  I may as well have been a Mexican surgeon's  patient.  Well, maybe I was if Blackstone is Mexican. :)   I don't have secondary insurance and I am pretty upset about this right now.  I am calling my insurance company today to get a referral from them.  This sux and should be applicable to new patients only not the ones that have already been sold into her system with that fear based threat about being left to hang if you get your surgery at another place other than hers.

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/08 6:56 am - AZ
On March 5, 2008 at 7:10 AM Pacific Time, BoneyMaroney wrote:
No, I am being left high and dry.  One of the things they drill into you in getting your business in the first place is that doctors will not work on other doctor's patients.  The other doctors in town that take medicare won't pick up where blackstone left you off.  I may as well have been a Mexican surgeon's  patient.  Well, maybe I was if Blackstone is Mexican. :)   I don't have secondary insurance and I am pretty upset about this right now.  I am calling my insurance company today to get a referral from them.  This sux and should be applicable to new patients only not the ones that have already been sold into her system with that fear based threat about being left to hang if you get your surgery at another place other than hers.
I don't know about that.  I am a Mexican doctor's patient and it appears I have more options than you do.  DeBarros, Orris, Berger, ... another in Flag but I can't think of his name. If you have to self pay there is Wendy Hall in Heber, she goes throughout AZ to do fills, no fluoro, $100.
BoneyMaroney
on 3/5/08 10:04 am
My point exactly about the big fear trip that doctor put out about having surgery in Mexico.  How do I get in touch with Wendy Hall? I have called some other doctors and like I was told in the beginning "pick your doctor thoughtfully because no doctor will help any other doctor's patients and Dr. Blackstone will never abandon you. well I guess I am not abandoned. I am just bereft of insurance benefits with her.

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/08 11:06 am - AZ
On March 5, 2008 at 6:04 PM Pacific Time, BoneyMaroney wrote:
My point exactly about the big fear trip that doctor put out about having surgery in Mexico.  How do I get in touch with Wendy Hall? I have called some other doctors and like I was told in the beginning "pick your doctor thoughtfully because no doctor will help any other doctor's patients and Dr. Blackstone will never abandon you. well I guess I am not abandoned. I am just bereft of insurance benefits with her.
I have her number, if you PM me I'm happy to give it to you but do know, she does not use Huber needles and she can core a hole in your port.  I doubt insurance would pay to have a port replaced because of someone using the wrong equipment. You can always go to Mexico with us when we go as a group.  I'm trying to talk my doc into not charging more for those he did not band.  I think I can talk him into it.  If he does that he does not charge anything but the hospital charges $75.00 for the radiologist, xray equipment, etc.  Usually for non patients he charges $175.  $100 goes to the fill doc and $75 to the hospital.  But hopefully that will be changed soon. We go as a group and have fun.  Shopping, dinner, etc.  You are always more than welcome to come with us, anyone is.
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/08 11:08 am - AZ
Oh, btw... Orris and Debarros will do your follow up but there is a $1K+ program fee first.  Cash money.  Dr. Berger and Dr. Aldredge (sp?) in Flag will do fills (under fluoro) for $200. Aceves in Mexico will do them hopefully for $75 under fluoro.
Most Active