Schaller Anderson / State of Arizona Success

bellbtm
on 3/1/08 11:27 am - sun city, AZ
Hi - Has anyone had any success recently with being aproved by Schaller Anderson / State of Arizona employees insurance? What was required  - 6 month supervised diet.  Also, can your 6 month supervised diet be by a personal trainer or does it have to be by a doctor? Thanks, Jodi
moirap
on 3/1/08 11:53 pm - Mesa, AZ
Your 6 month supervised diet must be with a medical doctor...NOT a chiropractor, or personal trainer,  It must be by a MD or DO. That is the rule with all insurance companies. Make sure you gather together all of your diet history and approximate times and durations and what the outcome was. When you go to the doctor initally make sure he does a thorough physical. Make sure he checks your thyroid etc.  When I had my surgery I went through all of the preop stuff, and it seems like that took forever. I was sitting on the gurney in preop with my IV in waiting my turn and my doctor came over to me and said "oh by the way you are hypothyroid do you still want the surgery" Well obviously I said yes because it was too late in my book to back out at that point. I am glad I did have the surgery but keep in  mind it is a tool and not a cure. It is alot of hard work and will power and sacrafice.  Obesity is a nasty disease. It is a disease that you cant cure with a pill, and we need food to live. Everything around us looks so attractive and appealing only to find out they are full of calories and fat even salads in restaurants are deceiving...sheeh. Good luck with your endeavor....:) Moira
aboymom
on 3/4/08 8:16 am
I'm Schaller Anderson with the state too.  Call the case management numbe.  It just changed.  WE were supposed to be notified but I wasn't.  The number is 1-866-244-8977. They assign you a case manager and give you a list of things you need to have to be approved.  Five year history of obesity.  Six month supervised diet with strict guidelines.  ETC.  Get the list, it is pretty self explanatory. I am on month 3 of my supervised diet.  I am worried that I won't be approved since they can't find any co-morbidities.  I am 150 pounds over weight and HEALTHY!  HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?   Good luck!!
Most Active