Scottsdale Bariatric Timelines

dramqueen6
on 2/26/08 3:48 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Everyone!  I am new to this bored and i have some questions on the gastric bypass. I just mailed my patient packet to scottsdale bariatric with my doctors letter.  I have united health care insurance. What kind of timeline am I looking at?  Like when would they call me for my initial consultation?  I am so excited I am just wanting to konw how long I have to be patient for.  LOL  Any help would be very much approved.. Have any of you gone to scottsdale bariatric?  If so how long did the whole process take you?  Thanks guys!!
Deanne K.
on 2/26/08 4:50 am - Tucson, AZ
I am an SBC patient, but had surgery over 3 years ago.  After they receive your paperwork, I think you can schedule your consult.  Beyond that they submit to insurance and then it's the waiting game.  I know she is booking out into May, so you can't be in a hurry.
westvalley
on 2/26/08 5:58 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi! And welcome to OH.  Well they sent me my package by mail when I signed up for the seminar. They collected the packet at the seminar then called me the follwoing Monday or Tuesday to schedule my consult. Your biggest wait will probably be getting things together to send to the insurance company, like if you have a six month diet to follow or other requirements. Once you finally get an approval they will schedule you for surgery which will probably be 4-5 months down the line. Not to discourage you and I say that quickly because I know I was BUT it goes by quickly. So if you have everything done for insurance you just have to wait for approval then wait for your surgery date. This is just how the process went for me. May have been different for others. Feb 2007- Seminar Aug 2007- Inital Consult (I was scheduled about 2 or 3 weeks after seminar but kept having to cancel and eventually was able to go in Aug before I switched insurance companies) Oct 2007- Paperwork sent to insurance company (they would have sent it in after my inital consult since all my insurance requirements were met but I was in the process of getting new insurance) Oct 2007- Approval!!! Yay! Feb 2008- Preop Education class and Preop testing....getting closer :-D March 2008- Surgery Good Luck!!
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
dramqueen6
on 2/27/08 3:59 am - Glendale, AZ
Thank you so much that helps me out a lot.. I am just so excited and I want this done so bad.. Thanks so much guys!
Nicole W.
on 2/27/08 2:38 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I would follow up and call the office in about 2-3 weeks and speak with the Patient Liason... I think it's Terri to see where your packet is in the process of everything.  for me... end of May I attended the seminar.  I had my intial consult around June 23rd ish... and did my testing the same day.  Got my clearance from the pysch testing 2 weeks later.   I was approved in mid August and surgery was the end of October. Scottsdale Bariatric is a very popular Bariatric center and Dr. Blackstone is very very popular and she has a long waiting list.  But I did read that they are getting another full time surgeon Dr. Kurt Sprunger, he ran his own Bariatric center in Indiana or something.  So hopefully things will move faster for the office. Good Luck! ~Nicole

TinkerBell

dramqueen6
on 2/28/08 3:04 am - Glendale, AZ
Its funny you mention Terrys name because i recieved an email from her confirming my seminar appointment.. I emailed back saying i already went to the seminar and sent in my packet.. She said she appoligized and wasnt sure why i got that email but she is going to keep an eye out for my packet..  :)  I am crossing my fingers!!  x
Most Active