How long did you stay? Particularly SBC

TooFunnyTiffany
on 3/14/08 8:25 am - AZ
Anytime!  Before you know it, your surgery date will be here!!  I was excited, nervous, excited, nervous - anxious - I was all over the place emotionally!  Dr. Blackstone is awesome!  So is her staff....  And the nurses & CNAs at the hospital are great too! 

~ Tiffany
val_xo.jpg picture by TenderheartTiff7

westvalley
on 3/14/08 8:32 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks! She was great at my pre-op appt. I am hoping the staff is the same way. Yes I have those emotion right now, it's crazy. When you got there two hours before how long before you were wheeled into the operating room? Sorry to ask so many questions I am just curios and anxious about the experience I guess.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
TooFunnyTiffany
on 3/14/08 8:34 am - AZ
I got there at 9:30 and the last time I remember looking at a clock, it was 11:20.  Don't remember anything after that til I was being wheeled to my room.  My best friend was with me, she said that within an hour and 10 minutes, Dr. Blackstone was out telling her how things went.   Don't worry about asking questions!  Ask away!  I should have done it before I had surgery, but I didn't take the time!
westvalley
on 3/14/08 8:40 am - Glendale, AZ
It's nice to know that she comes out to let your family know. I meant to ask at my pre-op but forgot. Did they take your JP out in the hospital or do you still have it? I have had one before and it hurt like nobody's business when the surgeon took it out. Thanks for being helpful.
TooFunnyTiffany
on 3/14/08 8:41 am - AZ
JP? I'm sorry, I'm not sure what that is ...
westvalley
on 3/14/08 8:44 am - Glendale, AZ
Sorry :-D Your drain? They called it a JP when I had it I just assumed they called it the same thing.
TooFunnyTiffany
on 3/14/08 8:46 am - AZ
Ahh, if I had a drain, I don't know about it.  I did the band, not bypass.  So maybe that's why I didn't have one or don't recall having one ...
westvalley
on 3/14/08 8:49 am - Glendale, AZ
Yeah that's probably why. Thanks for the info.  I wish you much success on your weight loss journey.
TooFunnyTiffany
on 3/14/08 8:53 am - AZ
Thank you!  You too!  Your surgery date will be here before you know it!  Time passed very quickly!

~ Tiffany
val_xo.jpg picture by TenderheartTiff7

terriefaye
on 3/14/08 7:11 pm - mesa, AZ
hi, i had my surgery w/ dr B on 1/23/08 and I was in for 4 1/2 days because of BP and oxygen levels. she is so cautious she will only let you go when she feels comfortable. good luck
Most Active