How long did you stay? Particularly SBC

westvalley
on 2/26/08 6:08 am - Glendale, AZ
I will be having surgery on March 25 and was wondering (if everything goes well), how long will I be in the hosiptal? If I go in on tuesday will I be let go the next day or thursday. I am a little confused. Some people make it seem like I will go home on wednesday others say on thursday. If you went to Dr Blackstone how did your stay go? Any feedback is appreciated from which ever hospital you went to.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Deanne K.
on 2/26/08 7:58 am - Tucson, AZ
You probably will go home on Thursday.  I was in for 6 days, but I had breathing problems.
westvalley
on 2/26/08 8:00 am - Glendale, AZ
Glad things turned out for the better for you. Thanks
Lady Lithia
on 2/26/08 9:49 am
You're one week after me and I'm wondering the same thing! Will I go home on Thursday or Wednesday....  it's going to be such an adventure!!!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

westvalley
on 2/26/08 9:53 am - Glendale, AZ
Yay! Good Luck!  I guess I was just getting myself confused and over thinking it but I believe it's Thurs.  Yes it is an adventure!
Nicole W.
on 2/26/08 2:00 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Dr. Blackstone has you stay 2 days for RNY (overnight for Banding)... so you will probably go home on Thursday.  I had to stay an additional day because my white blood cell count was high and I had pain in my legs, so Dr. B wanted to rule out pneumonia and a blood clot.   I didn't mind staying another day, except for being in the chair from 6am to Midnight (it killed my back!) She won't send you home until she knows it's safe to send you home. :) ~Nicole

TinkerBell

AZdove
on 2/26/08 5:21 pm - Tolleson, AZ
I was one of the lucky ones....I was not even in the hospital a complete day!  I have the gastric bypass at 7:30 pm one day and was discharged at 5:30 pm the next!  I just wanted to go home!  Good luck on your journey.  I am one year plus down the road and have dropped 120 + pounds.  It is so amazing.  I still stop and gasp when I pass a store window where my reflection shows up to see who is walking beside me...that person surely cannot be me...but it is!  From a size 28 to a size 10 (and they are getting too big!).  Congratulations on a healthier life!

Colleen S.
on 3/2/08 10:53 am - Claypool, Az
My surgery was on a Tuesday and I was released to go home on Thursday.
TooFunnyTiffany
on 3/14/08 8:12 am - AZ
I just had my surgery on 3/12 and I was released on Thursday at approximately 530pm.  Another person that was there that had their surgery on the same day actually went home in the morning.  They keep you as long as they feel they need to.  They kept me a little longer because I was having problems with nausea and they wanted to make sure I got 48oz of water to stay in me before I was able to leave.   So, I know this doesn't really answer your question, but it differs for everyone. There were a few people in my pre-op class that were actually doing true outpatient.  They were in recovery for a few hours and then went home.

~ Tiffany
val_xo.jpg picture by TenderheartTiff7

westvalley
on 3/14/08 8:22 am - Glendale, AZ
The info was helpful. Thanks Tiffany
Most Active