Help!

kjen
on 2/24/08 9:38 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hello, I am new to OH and have considered WLS on and off for some time now.  I suppose it is the cost that is my biggest concern.  However, I feel I need to get this weight off. I have a few questions about the Lap Band and was wondering if anyone can help.  I have a hiatal hernia and GERD.  Is LapBand out for someone with these conditions? Can someone tell me some sites I can go to to get some good, factual info on the different types of WLS? Thank you!
(deactivated member)
on 2/25/08 2:19 am - AZ
Hello,
Head on over to the Lap Band forum.
I'm sure if somebody here can't answer sombody on that forum should.
kjen
on 2/25/08 9:32 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you!
Deanne K.
on 2/25/08 7:51 am - Tucson, AZ
If you look at the revision forum (I know hard to believe) but Dr. Schlesinger has some post called ABC's of Revisions and he explains alot about the different types of surgery.  It might help a little.
kjen
on 2/25/08 9:31 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you very much!
(deactivated member)
on 2/26/08 9:40 pm

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat.  Doing research.  The best book I have found so far to answer my questions is (don't laugh) "Weight loss surgery for dummies".  I checked it out from the library and have read it front to back.  It gave me questions I should be asking my surgeon before surgery to what to expect a year after surgery.   I thought it was great.  I am looking to purchase a copy to keep with me while I wait for surgery.  Hope this helps. Melissa

kjen
on 2/27/08 1:05 am - Phoenix, AZ
Wow! They have a "dummies" book for everything these days!  However, they can be very helpful.  I think I will do just what you did and try and check it out at the library.  There are so many questions and so many "sales" at doctor offices that I have more questions than answers. Thanks for the tip!
beckipoohbear
on 2/27/08 2:05 am - AZ
The "dummies" book is great!!!! It was my first purchase when I started considering this whole thing and it had a lot of helpful information, great questions for the doctor, and for after my surgery...recipes!! yay!!!  It's a good book, I highly recommend it. Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Most Active