Newbie post - True Results in Scottsdale?

ima_sundevil
on 2/26/08 7:21 am - AZ
Hiya! They all seem very nice there. I'm headed in for a stress test tomorrow (oh boy! ) I've got my date set for March 27th. I was a little surprised they could schedule so quickly (although I am self-pay, that does help.) Let me know how it all goes! We'll maybe cross paths there.
Danielle F.
on 2/26/08 11:32 pm - phoenix, AZ
ya i am going through my insurance so I have yet to have a date. I have all of the pre- surgery stuff done like my stress test, sleeping test, blood work and etc.
cdivito
on 2/26/08 2:58 pm
Hello!!!  I am scheduled for the lap band surgery with Dr. Gowen Nirmul on 02-28-08.  I am going through True Results.  I did meet with Dr. Nirmul, and he was easy to talk to.  I do wish I wouId have asked him more questions (my fault) but I have been reading a lot about it. I did check out Dr. Nirmul, and did not find anything to be concerned about.  He has a good record.  I have been talking to the advocate (Myra) and she has been great.    I am nervious/excited, and am just hoping all goes well.   I am just worried about making sure  follow the post-op plan right.  Tomorrow I am going to pick up all my liquids/medication listed. Hope to talk to you soon, CD  =:0)
ima_sundevil
on 2/28/08 5:26 am - AZ
Hey, today's the day! Best of luck to you!! Let me know how it goes :)
cdivito
on 2/29/08 1:55 am
Hello!!!  All appears to be going well.  I am pretty sore in the port area, and the gas bubble.  Overall, Everyone at the surgey center was great.  I am not hungry at all.  I have been sipping a lot of water, and some juice.  I have had a few spoons of sugar free jello, and applesauce.  My mouth has been dry, so the water has helped with that.   I am trying to walk more.  I have used some pain medicine, but not too much..   I am still pretty tired so I will get back with you later..  =:0)
ima_sundevil
on 2/29/08 2:14 am - AZ
Hi CD, Glad to hear from you! It sounds like you're doing pretty well! I appreciate the first-hand account of how the first day's been. Have a good rest, and a good weekend!
dk4nier
on 3/5/08 7:41 am
Dr Nirmul did my band on Feb 15th and I'm very happy.  He's nice but I have spent less than a total of 5 minutes with him the three times we met.  The surgery went smoothly, I had no pain afterwards, and the incisions have healed perfectly, one is almost not visible even at 2 weeks out!  Debbie in Mesa
ima_sundevil
on 3/5/08 7:58 am - AZ
Hey Debbie! Glad to hear it went so well for you. I have heard of surgeons spending less than no time with patients but that does sound very short indeed. I look forward to hearing more about your progress! Best of luck!
Most Active