Newbie post - True Results in Scottsdale?

ima_sundevil
on 2/23/08 7:04 am - AZ
Hi all! Newbie poster here. Short-time reader, shorter-time poster-er. I've set a surgery date for March 27th with True Results. The surgeon is Dr. Gowen B. Nirmul. I haven't met him yet, but I did go yesterday to the True Results office in Scottsdale. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. As this is my second go at attempting surgery (the first I broke off 'cause of insurance and  money problems... and the center I was going with went bankrupt...) I knew quite a bit going in. However, I still had many questions, and they were very happy to answer them all. The patient advocate I am working with is very warm and talkative. So far I'm liking everything. Does anyone here have any experiences with True Results and Dr. Nirmul? I scanned the forum posts already but didn't see anything much. I could be totally missing something, so many apologies if this subject's been covered much already! Hope to chat about all of this with you soon! This is so exciting!!
maxaz1
on 2/23/08 8:37 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I haven't heard of him.  I looked him up on the AZ MEdical Board site - good credentials - Mayo and Yale residencies. Do you know how many of these surgeries he's done? Speak to previous patients of his? That would be important to me. Also - what preparation as a pre-op and -important!- what kind of post-op followup and support? Best of luck! Maxine
ima_sundevil
on 2/26/08 7:18 am - AZ
Hi Maxine, I was able to speak with a patient of his who was very happy with the surgery. True Results has after-surgery support so I feel pretty good about it. I like the idea of an office I can drop by for fill-ups and support like that. Thanks much!
JRinAZ
on 2/23/08 12:54 pm - Layton, UT
Hi there! We LOVE newbies!  Welcome to the support board for AZ! I actually worked with Dr. Nirmul for a while (he proctored with Dr. Simpson).  He'd only done a handful of lapbands then but that was well over a year ago.  I'm sure he's done zillions by now.  He's a nice man. Good luck!  This is a VERY exciting journey!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ima_sundevil
on 2/26/08 7:23 am - AZ
Hiya, thank you for the warm welcome! From what I understand he has indeed done zillions. I look forward to meeting with him soon.
David S.
on 2/24/08 6:46 am
Good to see you here.... IM a Sundevil too!!! Don't be a stranger on the boards, they are a great source of support, and I've found that I got responses to many of my questions here rather quickly as I went through my surgery process lots of questions just like you! I wish you all of the best!!
Dave from AZ     
ima_sundevil
on 2/26/08 7:24 am - AZ
Hello fellow Devil! I'm glad there's a place where I can ask questions like this. I have a feeling that I'll be here a lot in the coming months! Thanks for the well-wishes! Congrats to you too on your success!
cmego
on 2/24/08 3:39 pm
I am also a "newbie" here. I have only been active on the site since early February. I don't  usually post to the boards, but this one caught my eye because I am also a Sun Devil! I went to his office last fall for an initial consultation and I was surprised that I didn't meet him. That made me feel uncomfortable. After joining this website, I found out about Dr. Simpson. I just went to his seminar and I felt very comfortable with him, especially with his after care program. I think you need to feel comfortable with whomever you choose and that is the most important thing. I am waiting for my initial consultation with Dr. Simpson. Take care.
ima_sundevil
on 2/26/08 7:19 am - AZ
 Hello fellow newbie! I considered Dr. Simpson, too. I'm glad you've found a doctor you feel comfortable with. We'll probably be chatting a lot as time goes on!
Danielle F.
on 2/26/08 7:07 am - phoenix, AZ
Hi I am going through True results too! I haven't had the surgery yet but I too have been speaking with the insurance advocate and they are really nice. Do you have a date set up yet?
Most Active