Juarez, Fang office

dawnmaher
on 3/4/08 11:35 am - Surprise, AZ
Gena wow, small world huh?  i wish there were a support group in west valley.  it is not easy as you know to get across town, especially for evening groups.  have you been to any support group meetings yet?  so far this forum is working for me, along with lots of books i am reading on the subject.  i wouldn't mind sharing them with you if you like.  makes great bedtime reading but then i get to excited to sleep lol . let me know when you get your surgery date!   Dawn
Gena L.
on 3/4/08 12:22 pm - Sun City, AZ

Dawn, there is a West Valley group.  It is facilitated through Yahoo tho. We meet on 2nd and 4th Saturday mornings from 10:30 - 12 noon at Banner Estrella Hospital just off the 101 and Thomas (I think) you can not miss it. Going south on the 101 it is on the left. If you like I can send you a link to join? It is peer facilitated, not connected to any office or surgeon tho. I plan to have surgery at Good Sam. I worked there for several years and had 2 other major surgeries there so I feel safe with them. I was given my choice of Good Sam or St Luke's. Like you I do not want to drive downtown or to the East Valley at night tho I know my way around well in both areas....it is just too far.  Hopefully I will soon have a date. Nicole was to have submitted my paperwork to FEP Blue on Monday but last I checked they had not received them. I have been working at this since October 2007 but could not get in to see Juarez till Nov 30. All my tests were completed by early Jan.  And here I sit, still waiting.  I have one or two books, the OH magazine and tons of surgical research....so I think I am pretty ok, especially since I have a medical background.....it is for me a matter of just getting a date. Gena

dawnmaher
on 3/4/08 12:46 pm - Surprise, AZ
Gena, Yes, please send me a link for the support group.  I am sorry you have had to wait so long.  I chose Dr. Fang partially because I could get into surgery sooner.  My days used to fly by and now they drag as I wait for March 24.  Im sure yours do too/ Hope to see you at the support group.  Guess I wont be able to sleep in to late on those saturdays anymore. Dawn
Gena L.
on 3/4/08 1:09 pm - Sun City, AZ
Sure you can! I sleep in till 9:30, LOL! I take my shower and wash my hair the night before so I only have to get out of the CPAP try to control the hair, dress, swalow one of my Unjury protein shakes, grab a bottle of water and go!  If you would like to go with Marcie and I, I would be happy to pick you up at the shop Sat the 8th at 10:00.   I did not realize that seeing Fang would make things faster but still BC/BS has not given me approval  yet as paperwork is still not submitted. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WLSWestValley/ Go to the group homepage and request to join....they may not respond tonight but probably by tomorrow night anyway....good luck, let me know if I can help?

Most Active