Please help!

Deanne K.
on 2/21/08 11:36 pm - Tucson, AZ
Have you tried the Matrix 5.0?  I like the chocolate and I make it into hot chocolate.  You can find it at many websites.  You can get the directions to be the hot chocolate on bariatriceating.com
Candi Y.
on 2/22/08 12:27 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Ok Megan - R U READY...........  It's probably not the best way to get your protein, but it sure does taste GREAT and when I say great I mean great, I look forward to having my protein and also use it as my choclate fix around my period time, I LOVE IT... has llots of calories though, so you must make sure you count your calories, but gives you 22g of protien in one drink......  MUSCLE MILK, at sams club they have the pre-made boxes of 12, its like $17, but worth every penny, I have never made it from scratch and they do have the powder, but I just love it. Chocolate is mine favorite, mint choclate next, vanilla so-so.......  If you just wanna try one, GNC or vitamin world sell them in singles, even some 7-Elevens have them in their coolers.  Give it a try, cause protein real important and thats why I'm sop glad I found something I LOVE.  Cosco also has a liquid protein then I sometimes add to a shoot a juice, pretty bad, but gets my protein in if I dont get my solid proteins in!  GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!
maxaz1
on 2/23/08 6:11 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I am 6 months post, but still keep some of the Worldwide Pure Protein drinks around (they come in 11 oz cans, vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and banana). I like them really cold. Kind of creamy, like a shake.  For whatever it's worth, although I HATED them pre-surgery, but they were my favorite post-surgery. Tastes sure do change. I get them at Vitamin Shoppe. Not cheap (about $2 a can, if I remember), but they have 35 gms protein in each can (160 cals, under 2 gms carbs).  I would sip at them through the day.   Hope this helps - it's worth a try. Maxine
Megs515
on 2/23/08 7:40 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks everyone for all of your great suggestions!!! I'm going to go out later today and see if I can't find the things that you guys have told me about. Looks like I'll also be ordering the Unjury from the website. Thanks again everyone!
justcuz
on 2/24/08 12:54 pm - Maricopa, AZ

i too have done the Light Muscle Milk. I usually have in the morning on the way to work, However, the best is the version someone gave me which is what I use each night and LOVE.

Matrix Orange Cream and Minute Maid Light Orangeaid. Yum Yum. I think it is the combo, since I have yet to find any protien that tastes good in Water or Milk, so this worked well for me. Like 5 calories in the Light OrangeAid so total of less than 180 with the protien.

I've realized that each of us find the one that is tolerable and we stick with it!  :-)

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

westvalley
on 2/26/08 8:07 am - Glendale, AZ
Ok so I ordered the Unjury strawberry, choclate and vanilla. Also bought an indivdual Muscle Milk chocolate and cookies and cream. I will let you know how these go if you haven't already tried them. Let me know if you find anything you like.
AZdove
on 2/26/08 5:46 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Getting in the protein is so important!  I lost so much hair in the first 4 months after surgery because I struggled with just getting to the bare minimum...most days I have to say I failed.  One thing that saved me was Designer Whey Chocolate Protein.  I would mix it with soy chocolate or soy vanilla milk.  Yummy just to drink but fantastic if you make a freezer pop out of it.  Another trick that I used to use but rarely do now is blending the scoop of powder in lowfat yogurt.....that was a real treat.  I remember that one container of yogurt and one big scoop of the powder made 4 servings for me!  I could not eat very much at all at one time for the first 4-5 months.  I had Dr. Blackstone and "grazing" is really not smart or allowed! So what I could eat at one sitting was a meal....3 times a day.  My surgery was 2/7/07 and I have yet to feel a hunger pain.  I have dropped 120+ pounds and gone from a size 28 to a size 10 (some 8's actually fit better).  I cannot stress enough how much protein is required and the vitamin B12!  I take a B12 everyday now because it keeps my energy level up.  At the time I had surgery it was only required to take B12 three times a week.  Also I have started using the gummy type of chewable vitamins....you know the ones the kids take?  Anyway to get all the mg's needed of each I take 4 in the morning....I chew them in the car on the way to work....and then 4 again just before bed.  Takes me a while to chew them good enough but the taste is fantastic!  Not too sweet!

Megs515
on 2/28/08 2:52 am - Phoenix, AZ
thanks so much guys for all the help!!
Laura B
on 6/23/08 5:41 am - Vail, AZ
Hi Megan, I run the www.greatprotein.com website mentioned in an earlier post and would be happy to send you a free sample of any or all 3 of the three flavors offered by Ultimate Protein (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry). I think it's the best tasting protein out there. Just email me your name and address to [email protected]. This offer stands for other people that would like to try it as well. -Laura
Laura B
on 2/15/11 10:53 am - Vail, AZ
Update: I've been mailing protein samples for free to OH members for over 2.5 years now....I'm sure people understand that I can no longer keep extending this offer due to the cost of postage and packaging. If you would like to try this product, you may order the samples from my website at www.greatprotein.com. There is a nominal fee to cover the expenses.

Thank you to the OH community for trying this wonderful product!
Most Active