Another Dr. Fang office complaint....

dramaqnprincess
on 2/20/08 10:41 am - scottsdale, AZ
I am so frustrated. I finally got all my crap done last week. I called Nicole and asked several times is she could submit it (wondering how i actually got through to her) and then I called yesterday and my insurance had received nothing yet. Do they fax it or send it?? :( At this rate our insurance will be gone by the time I am approved. :(
Gena L.
on 2/20/08 12:46 pm - Sun City, AZ
Guess things have not improved yet.....however I was promised that they would soon. New help in the office I was told.  If you have copies of all your records you might submit them yourself...  I hear it can be done and read that someone was successful doing so. I am giving it serious consideration ;-)

Megs515
on 2/20/08 2:15 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I honestly, didn't have much trouble with Dr. Juarez and Dr. Fang's office. That is probably because I had an approval letter in hand when I went to their offices. I would just keep on Nichole. Call her everyday and if you don't get ahold of her, go back to the operator and tell her that you need to speak to someone that can help you resolve your issue. Don't leave messages...she's not the best about returning them. Eventually, she will submit your paperwork just to get you off of her back...lol
ginau
on 2/20/08 8:47 pm - mesa, AZ
get copies of everything, get your case # with ins and keep up with both offices, It will happen  I make sure to put case # on everything.
dramaqnprincess
on 2/21/08 1:27 am - scottsdale, AZ
I have Mercycare and they won't  let me submit on my own :( I have copies of everything, I tried calling yesterday and she was out, so I try again today and see what the deal is. bah.
Lady Lithia
on 2/21/08 7:07 am
I finally sent my stuff in to the insurance.... got it approved before Nicole could get it sent in. I know she's got a lot on her plate, but I badly needed to get the surgery approved and done before or during spring break (I'm a teacher and HATE being away from my students). To be fair, I don't think she understood that mine was an appeal to prior paperwork submitted by a different surgeon, and I just had to submit that six-month supervised diet history to get it approved. I think she thought it needed the whole "shebang" (whatever that is) so she thought it was a bigger job than it actually was. I faxed the stuff in on Tuesday last week, they attached it to my file at the end of the business day, and before noon the next day I was approved. I'm not sure if it was the wisest maneuver, but in my case it worked.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

dramaqnprincess
on 2/22/08 2:49 am - scottsdale, AZ
Ok, I have to retract what I said. I talked to Nicole today and she has been nothing but helpful. It isnt her fault that the office has a ton to do. It is hard on our part waiting, and being patient at this time is almost impossible. But I do appreciate what she has done and hopefully I will get some type of answer in the next couple weeks as to what is going on from mercycare.
Lady Lithia
on 2/22/08 7:50 am
It's so darn hard for US to be patient, because this is OUR LIFE and OUR SCHEDULE.... once we make the choice to have WLS, we want to get going. It's difficult to make a decision to change your life, and then have to wait around for eight months to get started on it! At least for me. In the end I believe that things happen in their times and places for a reason, so I'm not flipping out about it, but it's just patience is hard... but I guess that is what we have to be: patient, their patient, with patience! wait wait wait!  Good luck to you, I like that Dr. Fang/Juarez office is overwhelmed... with the burgeoning popularity of WLS, I don't think that there are enough surgeons in our area to meet the need (but I could be wrong). 

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active