OT: Dangerous Allergy Drug Problem

quiltz
on 2/19/08 12:45 pm - Phoenix, AZ
In the past 2 weeks several friends have told me about a drug available at High Health call A-10 which is specifically geared to "Arizona Allergy Suffers" (per the sales lady).  Today I decided to try it (my allergies have been crazy lately).  After reading the instructions I took 2 of the capsules.  Within 5 minutes I was breaking out in huge hives and my throat was starting to feel "tight".  I immediately took 3 benadryl and DH drove me 3 blocks to the Urgent Care Center.  After numerous shots the reaction started to subside.  When I was breathing easily, the doctor read the bottle (I thankfully took it with me).  It was specifically labeled "No allergic reactions known to this product".  The most likely ingredients to have caused the reaction were bee pollen, a second bee product (I don't recall the name), and butterbur (another plant product that is apparently used by some migraine sufferers).  I will have follow-up by an allergist.  I am posting this just in case any of you are hearing about this product especially since it is geared to those of us in Arizona.  Hi Health was very good about giving my husband a refund and they are going to talk to the management about removing the "no known allergies" part of the label and putting the butterbur (it is right on the front on the bottle) and bee products in red.  I did not have any clue I was allergic to either component, but you need to know this stuff can really pack a punch!
Most Active