Late Chandler Support Report

JRinAZ
on 2/15/08 2:08 pm - Layton, UT
Had a couple of e-mails asking for the report of the Chandler meeting on Weds night.... Sorry it's late ..........my brain is trying to remember details but here's the basics that stand out: Di lead a FUN, informative and inspiring group of about 12 of us.  She actually brought BIG - REAL cupcakes as a treat as a message that on our long journey of focusing on food; we can make a choice to have a bit of something.  The trick is to plan it and to manage it.  If you know an event is coming then balance your day accordingly and have a few bites of something decadent.  Sometimes we can go through 5 million calories on our quest to answer a certain craving!  .......  If you went to last October's O.H. event then you'll remember Dr. Nickerson's remarks on making Tuesday cheesecake day.  It's the same philosophy.  If we feel deprived then our minds aren't healthy.  Don't give yourself permission to BINGE......just permission to treat yourself on occasion. It was a great reminder to perfectionists like myself that think we have to have a totally high protein, low carb, low calorie day every day!   Di had us draw a question to answer as we went around the circle introducing ourselves.  The questions were random and covered a variety of weight loss thoughts.  I loved the one that Michelle drew:  "name some things you are able to do NOW that you couldn't do be fore you lost weight".  Michelle had a terrific list and added a few things she had YET to do.....including sky diving and scuba diving.  We agreed as a group that we should do a GROUP scuba class and perhaps plan a San Diego trip to do some diving!  That would be amazing! We had some heartfelt discussion.  I know that I was lifted by being there and hearing similar issues.  I think most were inspired by the evening. We ended the evening at the new Greek restaurant (can't remember the name.....ooops!) by the new Whole Foods in Chandler.  We had fun sampling some healthy, yummy Greek options!  Moira and Pete coached some of us on what to order :) We discussed upcoming meetings and everyone volunteered to help facilitate one or more of the meetings!  You guys totally rock!!!!  Gil has offered his lovely home for our annual Spring Fling on Saturday, March 29th.  (details will follow but EVERYONE is invited......and expected :).......Since the hospital needs our room on a couple of meeting nights in the future; we will be having a support meeting at a park by Gil's home and then end with a protein BBQ in his back yard!  ......We're also planning a "Bra Fitting" get together for the ladies at Dillards in Chandler.  They have offered to have extra staff on hand and will serve us a fruit and cheese platter.  They will have a door prize drawing for a gift certificate towards a new bra.  I'll post the date and time. Well....that's all I can think of from my perspective!  ..........We look forward to seeing everyone at the next Chandler meeting on the 4th Tuesday of the month from 6 to 7:30 at Chandler Regional Hospital!  C U soon! Joyce P.S.  Thanks Di for another fan tabulous meeting!!!!
moirap
on 2/15/08 9:01 pm - Mesa, AZ
We had a great time as always, Good food and good friends, Thanks for everything  Moira
Most Active