HELP!!!!!!!!

westvalley
on 2/13/08 4:18 am - Glendale, AZ
I need to lose 20lbs before surgery, any suggestions? I have tried to get on track with something and I am just sticking to anything. Any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
WickedWanda
on 2/13/08 6:49 am - Phoenix, AZ
Julie, I was all about the protein before my surgery. Chicken breast, cottage cheese, tuna,salmon,protein drinks between meals, lots and lots of water. Also try getting a couple of good walks in during the day.  I had my surgery last tuesday (Feb 5th) and I am doing great. I think the protein helped me to heal so much faster and I have felt really good. My energy level is up which is really uncommon for me. Good Luck Hon and suck up those protein drinks!   Wanda
westvalley
on 2/14/08 7:47 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks. I just got rid of a little bit of stress in my life and hopefully I can get back on track. I know I can only benefit from losing  weight before surgery.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
WickedWanda
on 2/14/08 11:39 pm, edited 2/14/08 11:39 pm - Phoenix, AZ
If you are doing the GBS this will also help get rid of the "fatty liver" before surgery. The surgeon told us that she has an instrument that holds the liver out of the way of your stomach so she can see and operate. If your liver is "fatty", it makes it very difficult for this instrument to hold the liver out of the way. This also makes the chance of  you ending up with an open surgery instead of the laporoscopic much greater.  Good Luck!   Wanda
maxaz1
on 2/23/08 6:18 am - Scottsdale, AZ
 know that some people in the support groups back when I was approaching my surgery date were told to give up "white foods." Think about it - bread, potatoes, milk, etc. Apparently it worked out really well and was very effective.   You can call one of the nutritionists at Dr B's office - they will help you.  I am sure you will do well. Hang in there! Your life is about to change! Maxine
Most Active