Getting a surgery date with Dr. Villares

MShawn62
on 2/13/08 8:10 am - Avondale, AZ

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the pattern.  I was told at work today that they do the procedure at Wilford Hall in texas and you just have to pay your way there.  I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I thought I would start looking into that as a backup.  I also thought that maybe there is a TRICARE provider in Yuma because they have the marine base down there.  I guess TRICARE can be pretty hard to work with, so it's not real popular with some Doctors.   This is all really a shame.

Robin O.
on 2/13/08 8:40 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
I agree it is a shame that this is all the respect that they give to the People who fight for our Country and their families.  You would think it would be an honor to service our Government Employees and their families. I guess some care more about the money that the people who fight for their freedom. 
JRinAZ
on 2/13/08 12:36 pm - Layton, UT

Robin, I think a Dr named Chiassom from Tucson might accept TriCare.  Dr. Schlesinger may also take it but I'm honestly not sure.   I know from experience that TriCare approves and then doesn't pay.  Though it would be a lovely society that could give all military dependents free services.....that's not the democracy that our men and women are fighting to save!  Even the military doctor's get paid SOMETHING! Good luck!  I know how crazy it is to be committed to a new, healthy start and then have the rug pulled out from under you. A friend of mine (TriCare) went with Villares and had her date cancelled 3 different times.  She decided she was worth pushing for it though and finally got her surgery with him.  She is thrilled!  I personally would be like you and seek other options BUT.....if it's your last lifeline then it's rough to set aside! Don't give up!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Robin O.
on 2/13/08 7:44 pm - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX

I am glad your friend is thrilled but as I stated before my health is what is important to me, and I feel if I stay with Dr. Villares that my nerves will not be able to take it.  I should not have to BEG anyone to help me with my health.  I need a surgeon I can trust and there is no longer any trust with them.   Oh trust me I am NOT giving up, just exploring my options with Dr. Villares and his office.   They are not worth giving up my dreams and desires.  I am too important for that.     I am not asking for free medical services, but I feel if a Doctor agrees to the Tricare terms then they should abide by them, not make us feel like outcasts.  This is the first time a Doctor has made me feel this way since I have been on Tricare. 

JRinAZ
on 2/14/08 5:09 am - Layton, UT
Robin! I'm on YOUR side! (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) Joyce
Robin O.
on 2/14/08 5:42 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
Thanks for all the support shown.  I can not really mention what is going on now with this whole ordeal but I can say I think things may be looking up soon.  I am keeping my fingers crossed!  I will let more info out as I can. thanks again Robin
Azskyprincess
on 2/17/08 12:59 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
Please ck with Dr Simon in Az he is off of 3rd and osborn he was wonderful and I know he takes tri care becaus I have seen Miltary wifes in there with there hubby's dressed in uniforms..YOU will adore him he is a great Dr
Robin O.
on 2/17/08 2:24 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
Thank you very much, I will check him out!
Most Active