Getting a surgery date with Dr. Villares

Robin O.
on 2/11/08 8:20 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
Is anyone else going though Dr. Villares having trrouble getting a 2nd surgery date?  Mine was set for Oct. 29th and was postponed and I am having real trouble getting another surgery date.  Am I alone on this?
Jamie W.
on 2/13/08 2:22 am

I know their office is going through some changes and he may be using a different hospital.  I think he is in contract negotiations or something.  Once they figure out which hospital he is using, you may be scheduled.  I think that maybe the issue.  Not sure.  I'm going for 6 month follow up next month.

Jamie

My church has raised the funds!!! Highest weight 476/Pre-op 441.
Robin O.
on 2/13/08 2:25 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
He is still at Good Sam, they know that.  It just seems that people who did not have a prior surgery date are getting dates before those of us who had a previous date then it was cancelled.  I see many reading the post but no answers in here.  I guess it is just me, oh well his loss.  I do not have the time to play games with my health so I am moving on.
westvalley
on 2/13/08 4:08 am - Glendale, AZ
Can you change to another surgeon? Like Dr Fang or Juarez.....Just a thought Hope it works out though.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Deanne K.
on 2/13/08 5:06 am - Tucson, AZ
Keep calling them.  Don't give up, you have come to far to start over.
Robin O.
on 2/13/08 7:23 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
I wish I could find another surgeon here who accepted Tricare but so far no luck with that.  I have come a long ways, and it has been a really longggg year, but after talking it over with my family we have decided it best we just walk away from Villares.  I have had too many disappointments with them and there is no need in having to beg them for services.  I feel that if I as a patient mean nothing to them that they are not the office for me to be going through.  I prefer my Doctor to be a little personable and I will find it with the right Doctor.  This is just God's way of telling me he is not right for me.  I truely believe that!
westvalley
on 2/17/08 9:21 am - Glendale, AZ
It's a shame that things had to some to this. But I totally understand. You need an office that you feel confident in. Good Luck!
Deanne K.
on 2/13/08 7:30 am - Tucson, AZ
Robin, Then go with your gut.  It's telling you something. 
MShawn62
on 2/13/08 7:48 am - Avondale, AZ
I was just informed today that my 23 Feb date is postponed because I have to have another EGD before and they can't get me in to do the EGD until 4 March, so who knows when my new date will be.  I hope this does not have anything to do with having TRICARE.
Robin O.
on 2/13/08 7:53 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
Sounds like a pattern is starting to follow with you now.  Maybe they are trying to get away from Tricare or something.  I do know this is sure a lots of money wasted on testing and retesting on their half. 
Most Active