Saran Wrap????

moirap
on 2/10/08 4:49 am - Mesa, AZ
Ok,   Has anyone heard of this?  My girlfriend  goes to an all woman gym and there are several people who have had gastric bypass/ lap band at her gym.  Anyway the girls at my friends gym have been using saran wrap under their clothes and it has been working for them, to reduce the wrinkling and excess skin.   I dont know if I would qualify for any reconstructive surgery because they do have criteria, and I am not sure if I meet it or not. Anyone with experience with this saran wrap thing?
Gena L.
on 2/10/08 8:52 am - Sun City, AZ
in MHO it would be an open invitation to skin infections. I sure could not tolerate Saran wrap on my skin...no air at all to the skin, and just imagine what that would be like during our summers....major fungal problems! Not for me. Now I suppose if you wrapped some pure cotton muslin around yourself then Saran Wrap to hold it together... but I still think it would create problems.

JRinAZ
on 2/10/08 10:18 am - Layton, UT
Moira!  This sounds like an advertisement to turn that all female gym into a co-ed facility in a fast hurry!  LOL!  I'm thinking saran wrap and red heels for the Spring Fling Prom, what do you think? I suppose it works on the principle (if it works) of a sauna.  While you're heated, your body could possibly absorb the moisture, sweat a little more and perhaps have that Plumped up kind of appearance like we get when we've been at a Day Spa? If it doesn't work for you then give me a call at Dr. Gitt's office and we'll see what your insurance can do for you sweetie pie!  No need to give up til you've at least given it a shot?  The consultations are complimentary. I'll see YOU on Weds night!!!  I haven't been ableto make it yet in 08 and am missing everyone! C U soon!  (and pleeeeez do let me know if you hear of any great sales!!!!.....I am swimming in most of my things!)
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

20candy07
on 2/11/08 7:22 am - Tolleson, AZ

Hi Joyce, If you do come to the support meeting on Wed, kindly bring me a business card for Dr. Gitt.  Providing  my insurance pays for a body lift I would like to do that. 

Thanks....see you Wednesday. Candy

JRinAZ
on 2/12/08 1:50 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there Candy! I am definitely planning on going to Chandler Support Group tomorrow (2-13/Weds).  I'd be happy to give you info regarding Dr. Gitt and can give you som insurance "tips" as well C U then!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

quiltz
on 2/11/08 10:54 am - Phoenix, AZ
A few years back there was a fad out where you wore trash bags taped on your body when you cleaned the house.  Lose weight...you bet....and dehydrated at the same time.  It was very dangerous.  I would imagine saran wrap just isolates the area where the tissue dehydrates, but like so many other things....if it really worked the whole world would be doing it!
Leann E.
on 2/12/08 5:53 am - Phoenix, AZ
I remember watching an episode of cops about 10 years ago and a lady had wrapped herself up in saran wrap, she had passed out and was almost dead because of that.
soon2bnewme
on 2/15/08 4:44 am - Chandler, AZ
They sell a wrap that has velcro on it that I use around my waist when I exercise.  It makes me sweat and I never get an infection.  I love it too because it pulls everything in and gives me great back support.  It's only like 7 bucks at the store.  Don't they use saran wrap when they do those spa treatments that say you'll lose inches?   Renee'

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you, never excuse yourself." Henry Ward Beecher  
314/282/156.4/135 (Heaviest/Pre-Op/Current/GOAL) 
Total lost since Banded on August 14th, 2006 "-125.6" pounds  
Total lost since 8/05 "-157.6" pounds

Most Active