Got my date

MShawn62
on 2/8/08 11:28 pm - Avondale, AZ
I found out yesterday at my pre-ops test/class that I have a date of 23 February.  I was pleasantly shocked...had no idea.  I also had a great time at the class given by Banner Bariatric and I met some great people getting ready for their surgery too.  If any of you are reading this please let me know who you are (on-line this site) so I can request to become your friend.  We'll probably get a chance to meet again in post op classes and maybe support groups.   Shawn (Martha) 
JRinAZ
on 2/8/08 11:46 pm - Layton, UT
Holy Moly Martha! That's just a couple of sleeps away!  I'll bet you are sooooooooooo excited! Take oodles of before pics (smile!  those pics will never be the same!) Take your measurements so you have another form to encourage you when the scale takes a plateau. Load up on protein "SAMPLES" so you won't have a ton of giant expensive tubs that your taste buds won't like post-wls. Keep us posted! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

westvalley
on 2/9/08 2:10 am - Glendale, AZ
Wow! Martha that is absolutely AMAZING! That is two weeks from today. Can you believe it? You will be on the loser bench real soon. ~*HUGS*~ Julie
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Robin O.
on 2/9/08 2:36 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
WOW, that is amazing since they just told me last week that the earliest they could get me in for surgery would be later in April.  I had all my stuff done, last week.  I am sure beginning to wonder about this Doctor's office.
MShawn62
on 2/9/08 10:48 pm - Avondale, AZ

I'm sorry they are dragging their feet.  I wondered if I would ever get a date too.

Robin O.
on 2/10/08 8:35 am - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
Did you have a surgery date before when all the mess went on with Good Sam shutting down their Bariatric unit??
MShawn62
on 2/13/08 7:56 am - Avondale, AZ
No, the 23 Feb was my first date.  So who knows now.  I just hope they don't postpone people with TRICARE because they get someone in with a better paying insurance or something because they know they TRICARE folks don't have any other options.
David S.
on 2/10/08 12:23 pm
Congrats on your date.   Time goes by so quickly, it's hard to believe it was almost a year ago I had my surgery!  Take care of yourself by hydrating first.  The most common reason for having to go to the ER after surgery.
Dave from AZ     
Most Active