Hey Phoenix Metro People...

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/08 10:22 pm - MN
Phoenix is like my adopted second home, so I don't feel like an outsider post here.  But, alas, I am...and need help! On Monday my dad has to take some house guests to Sky Harbor to fly home on 9 am flights.  His place is in Gilbert (more like Queen Creek).  We haven't flown early am out of Sky Harbor in YEARS, so I'm wondering what is a good route for him.  I know valley traffic is a NIGHTMARE. Is taking the 202 south to the 101 to the 202 north the best route for that time of day?  Or is 202 traffic a nightmare?  Can you take Queen Creek all the way over to 1-10, then shoot up the 101 to the north 202?  Is that a better option? Like I said, it has been years since any of us have taken that flight.  Like, before the 202 south shen we still had to shoot up to the 60.  And,  as you well know, the 60 was a parking lot a few years back. Andy advice appreciated.  Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/08 5:27 am - AZ
Hi Brock!!!!!

Lucky you I live in Queen Creek and work close to the airport everyday.
I can give you the best route to take.
What's your dad's cross streets?
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/08 6:54 am - MN
Queen Creek  and Power. I had assumed, like dad, the south loop of the 202 to the 101 and up would be the best.  But a buddy recommends getting up to the 60. Maybe even getting over to 10 is an option. I'm confused.
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/08 6:59 am - AZ
I would say the South 202 to the 101 will be the fastest way to go.

If he takes the 60 he will have to head North on Power and traffic can be a pain that time of day because of the school zones.
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/08 7:14 am - MN
Thanks.
ginau
on 2/7/08 10:40 am - mesa, AZ
at that time  he would be better off taking  Broadway or baseline   all the way to the  10 and then right into the airport - its just a bad time of day !!  no matter what route you take its going to be a parking lot !
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/08 11:01 am - MN
Valley traffic is horrible.  Like I said, I or any of my family haven't flown out of Sky Harbor at that time in YEARS.  In fact, we now use Williams Air Field.  But these are house guests he's having who booked their own tickets without his input. Thanks!
Most Active