Schaller Anderson EPO

aboymom
on 2/2/08 11:44 pm
Anyone have experience with these guys?  I feel like I meet all of their criteria except for the co-morbidities.  I am healthy right now but we all know that 150 extra pound isn't healthy in itself.  I am in the 6 month diet right now and would LOVE if anyone has experience with them.  I'll keep on keeping on in the short term.  Hopefully Schaller Anderson will see me as a good candidate in about 5 months...
moirap
on 2/3/08 12:12 am - Mesa, AZ
Have the doctors office submit all the needed information and if it should get denied just keep appealing.  NEVER NEVER ever say  to them I meet the criteria EXCEPT, focus on why you need it and never even mention why you dont. I think ALL  insurances wlll look for every reason why you dont. Insurance companies will look for evey reason not to pay so dont give them any reason.  Please feel free to email me if you want. Good luck on your journey
beckipoohbear
on 2/3/08 5:25 am - AZ
Do you have Schaller Anderson as a state employee or through somebody else? Rebecca
aboymom
on 2/4/08 3:27 am
As a state employee.
beckipoohbear
on 2/4/08 4:45 am - AZ
I just got approved as a state employee using the RAN/AMN insurance, the criteria and process should be the same but I don't know if a different group would review your paperwork.  I honestly thought that I would not be approved and would have to appeal and appeal.  My BMI when i started all of this as 49 and I was 140 pounds overweight, I had mildly high blood pressure, high cholesterol and developed arthritis in my knees.  From what everybody had said with their experience with the state insurance, you pretty much have to be dying to be approved.  I did not have any of the big ticket co-morbidities like uncontrollable diabetes, high blood pressure or sleep apnea.  However, I went through all the steps I was told to.  Completed my six month diet, lost about 15 pounds and the blood pressure dropped.  However, during that time my doctor did put me on mediciation for high cholesterol.  Have your PCP check all of the stuff out, get bloodwork done, have a sleep study and if anything shows up, get on meds for it.  It seems that unless you're on meds the insurance doesn't believe you have it. Also, I don't know if your surgeon told you but there was a new criteria for approval added late last year that I didn't know about and that was to be attending regular support groups.  Thus, I had to wait an extra 2 months after I finished my diet to comply with the new requirement.  I would advise to start attending support groups at least once a month now, so you don't have to deal with the requirement later.  Plus they are full of people with really good information as they have been through this themselves. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I know this process is rough and just push ahead and work the requirements and hopefully you too will get there. Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

aboymom
on 2/4/08 6:12 am
Ya, I know about the support groups.  I am going to start that next week.  My biggest concern is I can't find any co-morbidities. I have low blood pressure, no diabetes, normal cholesterol.  I am 130 pounds overweight and HEALTHY?  How can that be? I am hoping to have something show up on the sleep study as that is my last hope for illness. (Sounds like a strange wish, huh?) I am in the six month waiting period and doing quite well on my supervised diet.  I was told not to loose anything but that sounds nuts so I am just keeping up what is working an hoping I will be approved either way. Good luck to you.  I am SO glad you are having a positive experience.  I hope hope hope that I will be where you are in 6 months. 
moirap
on 2/3/08 8:05 am - Mesa, AZ
no another insurance
Most Active