West Valley Support Groups

grandma68
on 1/31/08 11:41 pm - AZ
Thank you so much for inviting me to your Chandler Support Group.  I plan on arriving with a smile.  I also am curious to know if there are any support groups open for anyone in the West Valley?  I live in Avondale.
Gena L.
on 2/1/08 9:54 am - Sun City, AZ
I have posted twice asking about a West valley support group. As long as I have been watching this site I have not heard mention of one on this side of the valley. If I am not mistaken the Chandler group meets in the evening?  My eyesight is not good at night so I would not drive that distance to attend the  Chandler support group. I am having my surgery at Banner Good Sam and I vaguely remember them mentioning something about a day time support group. I will check with them.  Gena

JRinAZ
on 2/1/08 11:30 am - Layton, UT
Hi Gena and all looking for a West Valley Support Group.... Here's their details:  WLS West Valley is a support group that meets twice a month on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month. It is a group designed for people who are pre-op or post-op for any kind of weight loss surgery. The meetings are PEER FACILITATED, FREE, and will be held at Banner Estrella Hospital in the Conference Rooms located at 93rd Avenue and Thomas Road from 10:30 AM to Noon. The conference rooms are located just west of the main hospital entrance.  It's a yahoo group so you have to join www.yahoogroups.com (it's free) and then you can join their support group website.  They screne their members so give them a while to approve your post and get back to you. Here's their site:  [email protected]  They're the WLS West Valley Support Group. Hope that helps! Joyce BTW....I've met a few of these members and they totally rock!  You will LOVE them!  .......but, I'll be sad you don't make it to the Chandler group
Gena L.
on 2/1/08 11:41 am - Sun City, AZ
Thank you so much Joyce!  I am off to join right now.  Who knows, I might make it to Chandler one of these nights. We used to live in Tempe and I sure miss that side of town. Gena

grandma68
on 2/3/08 4:48 pm - AZ
Well Banner Estrella is near my neighborhood but I work every weekend.  So....I am still planning on making the trek out East this month.  Thanks for the info though!
Most Active