Weight Loss in 6 month supervised diet.

Lady Lithia
on 2/18/08 10:31 pm
March 18!!!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

aboymom
on 2/19/08 2:38 am
And now I can officially say WAY TO GO!  You know you will be successful since you are already doing all these great healthy things for yourself!  I am down 21 pounds on my 6 month diet and I plan to just keep on keeping on.  Hopefully, I will be able to announce my date sometime this summer. 
Lady Lithia
on 2/19/08 5:37 am
I look forward to that announcement! :)  I feel great, and it's pretty comforting to see 140 lbs as needed to lose, instead of 196!!!

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 2/19/08 6:18 am - Tucson, AZ
The month will  RC Plane by and you will be on the loosers Feeding Birds with the rest of us.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 2/19/08 12:16 pm - Layton, UT
Congrats to you Lady Lithia!!!!!  Wooooooooooo Hoooooooooooo!!!!!  You are just winks away from a NEW YOU!!!! ....let the countdown begin sweetie pie! Need an Angel????
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Lady Lithia
on 2/19/08 1:31 pm
I have an angel, but I would love to have TWO angels. (greedy!) :)  I'll be having surgery at St. Lukes on the 18th with Dr. Juarez. :)

aboymom
on 2/20/08 4:22 am
Did you ever think about not having the surgery since you are having so much success without it?  I wonder how I would feel in your position.  Sometimes I waver when I see that I am loosing without the surgery.
Lady Lithia
on 2/20/08 5:52 am
I think about that all the time. But my weight loss is slowing down and each pound is harder and harder to get off, and I'm 140 lbs from my goal, and 160 lbs from "normal" for my height. At the rate I'm going I may never get there. It takes a tremendous amount of attention and perseverence to eat like a person who has had surgery without the benefits of the pouch. I fall down off my diet frequently. It's HARD. I want help. I think that I will never EVER see "One-derland" again until/unless I have this surgery, and have a hard time believeing I will see it WITH the surgery. I may never get there. Heaven knows that when I was in college and fluctuating between 200 and 220, I could NEVER get the weight off. I saw videos of me at that time, and I was shocked at how hot I looked (so I'm vain!)... I can't believe that I was so thin looking at 200. But I always carried my weight well, i'm neither a pear nor an apple in body type, I'm an hourglass. Voluptuous. Rubenesque. Whatever. I looked good then, and I want that back. More than that is a fantasy! It's funny you should ask though, because when hubby saw the video, he was shocked too! He has only known me since I've been super morbidly obese, but he did not marry me because he prefers large women, he just liked the person I am on the inside and accepts the outside as an ever-changing thing! But you know... after he saw how I looked at 20... he has been twice as supportive. I think he couldn't really envision me thinner, so it really didn't matter to him one way or the other if I lost some weight, becuase his love isn't based on my looks. But he IS a man, after all, and he was attracted to the me of 20 years ago. I think our marriage will get stronger and ... spicier! once I lose the weight.  Well that was more than you asked, but I hope I did answer your question :)

JRinAZ
on 2/20/08 6:06 am - Layton, UT
Lady Lithia! Speaking as someone who "put herself" on YOUR Angel team!  LOL!  I have to congratulate you for having such an amazing attitude and for losing weight pre-op.  ...........As for not having the surgery and losing it on your own;  I have absolutely NO doubt that you could lose more weight without surgery.  I myself (and I'll bet hundreds of others out here) have lost weight successfully many times in our life.  There's a variety of great diets on the market and usually, if followed, can lead to a lower weight.  However, the "tool" that WLS brings to that effort can not only see us to the finish line but can help keep us there! WLS in Europe and some other areas is actually a prescription to CURE Diabetes!  .....  It's more than just a vanity surgery.  .........  Your fab hubby that loves you no matter what is going to get an amazing treat and NOT just cuz you look like you did in college but  because your energy, your health and your attitude about YOU will be 100% improved!  Good thing you love him; cuz he may be noticing other guys giving you oodles more attention before long! *wink, wink* Your upcoming surgery will be so much easier because you have taken weight off of your internal organs.  Docs do so much better when they have less fatty tissue to get through. LOSER'S Rock!   I can't wait to hear your upcoming reports!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Lady Lithia
on 2/20/08 6:11 am
Ah... you make me feel so good. and yes, I could get the weight off, but I think with this toool it will come off, and stay off. :) Glad you're on my "Angel Team" :) You're such a wonderful person, I love your personality and style and I can't wait to see you again, I hear you're doing awesome!  Losing the weight pre-op was more to convince me I could live the RNY lifestyle... when I started looking into WLS I had such a mournful time... all that FOOD I was going to give up! But then I realized that it wasn't like "never more" but rather like someone who has a trailer trash boyfriend (junk food) and finds an elegant classy rich bachelor (yummy good-for-you food) and can trade up! I'm not giving up food, I'm trading up to quality food with texture and flavor and content that I can spend time enjoying instead of just shoveling it in. The amazing thing is how much it has helped my health and energy levels to get those 56 lbs off! I'm so excited about the future! and the Possibilities!

Most Active