Weight Loss in 6 month supervised diet.

aboymom
on 1/31/08 11:07 am
I am wondering if anyone was rejected from their insurance because they lost too much weight or showed too much success before the surgery in the 6 month wait time.
moirap
on 2/2/08 3:07 am - Mesa, AZ

The insurance company is looking for commitment and compliance. If you can stick to the physician supervised diet, you are serious about your weight loss. This surgery is a life style change and not a solution to your obesity problem. It is a tool. Some insurance companies will look for any reason not to pay for anything so if I were you I would research as much as I could about the 6 mo supervised weight loss expectation. Unfortunately there are good insurances and there are bad insurances that just want the premiums and don’t want to pay for things you are entitled to. They find some bogus reason not to pay. I would do as much research on the subject as possible. You could even post on the message board and see if other people have had any problems with your insurance. Good luck with your endeavor and I would do it again in a heart beat.

Lady Lithia
on 2/2/08 2:44 pm
I hope to be able to answer this question within the next week or so. During my six month supervised diet I lost 50 lbs. The insurance might turn me down. I still have 150 lbs to lose, but I worry that my "success" will make them turn me down. My paperwork either went to the insurance company on Friday or will go there this coming week. I have BCBS of AZ (PPO)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

aboymom
on 2/2/08 11:33 pm
Please keep me updated.  You are the exact story I want to be.  I would love to loose 50 pounds first and then get the surgery. GOOD FOR YOU.  Good luck and I have my fingers crossed that Blue Shield sees what a great candidate you are!!!
Lady Lithia
on 2/3/08 12:29 pm
I hope to know this week. *fingers crossed* Hopefully it's good news. I'll post when I know!

justcuz
on 2/3/08 12:25 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Lithia, you have been doing fantastic on your Pre Op diet. You've been very focused. I'm proud of you!

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

Lady Lithia
on 2/3/08 12:31 pm
Awww thanks. I'm amazed myself at hte process. But you know, they say that people with a BMI under 50 have a greater overall weight loss experience and less of a chance at regain, so my goal right now is to get down to below BMI of 50 before I have surgery... and that is 7 more pounds!

aboymom
on 2/2/08 11:31 pm
I was told by my surgeon and all of his staff not to loose any weight during my six month diet.  The sugeon kept talking about other surgeries I could have if this one wasn't succesful.  I DON"T PLAN ON RISKING MY BOYS' MOTHER TWICE!  This is it forme!!   I've lost about 15 pounds in my first couple of weeks in the 6 month diet and I already feel great.  After much thought, I've decided to keep doing what is working for me now.  I have about 130 more pounds to loose so I feel like anything I loose before will only help me.  If my insurance doesn't agree with me after 6 months, I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it.  But like you said, this is  lifestyle that I want to get started now, not in six months.  Let's just pray Schaller Anderson thinks like me.
Lady Lithia
on 2/18/08 10:16 pm
I can now officially tell you, I was NOT rejected even though I lost 56 lbs on my pre-op six month supervised diet. I've been approved for surgery.

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 2/18/08 10:26 pm - Tucson, AZ
Congratulations on the approval and the weight loss.   Let us know when you get the date!!
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Most Active