Menu

vickinicole
on 1/30/08 11:54 pm - Bryan, TX

This message board needs a SEARCH button feature. I am pre-op and hoping to have RNY in 2008. I like to plan ahead especially for financial aspects and having a pre-planned weekly menu really helps me currently stay on track with my financial goals. I am a creature of habit so I like to each similiar foods daily in general.

For instance my current menu looks sorta like this; Breakfast: oatmeal Snack: apple with peanut butter Lunch: salad with protein on it Snack: orange Snack: high fiber cliff bar Dinner: grilled chicken and rice pilaf

since I know what I will be eating, i know how much it costs for a weeks worth of food, etc..

I am curious what my post op diet menu will look like. Can a few of you post either your weekly menu or your weekly grocery list.

Thank you,

~_~
Vicki
My weight loss blog: www.vickionline.com

moirap
on 2/1/08 12:39 pm - Mesa, AZ
be carefull with rice, pasta etc. I did not eat that type of stuff for 1 year. It swells and makes your pouch very uncomfortable. This surgery will help you save money. You can get a salad from a restaurant and it lasts me 3 meals. I love left overs now Good luck  Moira 
vickinicole
on 2/1/08 3:21 pm - Bryan, TX
thanks Moira,  quite a few people have mentioned that I may not be able to have rice or the vegetables in my salad, so I will adjust my menu to reflect that.

~_~
Vicki

Stephen D.
on 2/1/08 11:05 pm - Yuma, AZ
Hi Vicki, I just had my surgery on 1/23 and I can tell you that your menu seems like quite a lot of food.  If you follow the Scottsdale Bariatric plan you will only be eating 3 meals and not having the snacks (you won't miss them).  So if you switch your oatmeal for an egg (or two) or some yogurt, leave out the lettuce for the first four months, and just have the checken for dinner you will be fine. Steve
vickinicole
on 2/2/08 8:05 am - Bryan, TX
hey there Steve, yea what I posted above is my current meal plan, I am pre-op your suggestions will help me create a post op meal plan

~_~
Vicki

moirap
on 2/2/08 12:34 am - Mesa, AZ

I agree it is alot of food. On a really hungry day I could maybe eat that posted menu you have. At 4 years out and I cant explain it I get really hungry days and days I could  not be bothered with food. I dont know why. Most important advise is eat slow because I dont care what type of surgery you have, it takes time for your stomach to get the signal to your brain it is full. If you eat too fast you could end up feeling miserable. Also beware of sugar free things. I must be allergic to them because they swell up my pouch terrible. I am going to post something about that. I wonder if it happens to others also. Good luck. This is a great website and people take sucn good care of each other. I guess since we are all in the same boat.

Most Active