Liquid protein bullets??? Suggestions??? (X-post from RNY)

Cassi J.
on 1/30/08 12:38 pm - AZ
Hey all,

I want to get some of those liquid protein gel-type thingies (I'm sure that's their official name!).  I am going to South Africa and Mozambique for a couple of weeks, and I think those would be handy.  For the most part, I'm getting my protein in through food at this point, but I want back-up since I won't be able to micro-manage my eating as I do now.

So, what are your favorite brands/flavors, and where do you get them?

Thanks a million!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

JRinAZ
on 1/31/08 12:25 am - Layton, UT
Cassi, What a TRIP!!!!   Oh my gosh!  You are going to have an amazing adventure girlfriend!  Take oodles of pics and share it all when you get back!!! Profect - Click on the banner to the left and order. New Whey - the Vitamin Shoppe used to carry them.  Or you can google:  New Whey I like the flavor of New Whey better than Profect.  Fruit punch and blue are my favorite flavors.   Also, Costco has a quart plastic bottle of "Liquid Protein" that tastes exactly like the New Whey with the same protein/calorie ratio and you only need a 3 oz chug.  It's like taking a shot of Nyquil to get your 25 grams of protein.  You'd have to seal tightly and put in a ziploc just in case and definitely pack in your suitcase cus customs might want it.  ...........If you have a good source of water to mix (water bottles are almost everywhere)....then why not get a bunch of the sample size protein powder mix?  In fact, I measure a scoop of protein powder into a snack size ziploc and put a bunch inside a 2nd gallon size ziploc for travel.  I punch a hole in the corner of the little ziploc and carefully spinkle the powder into a water bottle (that I have drunk down to about 4 oz).  Put he lid on and shake and drink.  I've done this many times while on board a plane cuz you never know when the next healthy food will come upon landing somewhere and it keeps your energy high. SLC airport is hte only one that ever made me open it.  I simply stuck my finger in it and put it in my mouth to show them it was protein powder. BTW (I now own an itty bitty funnel that I keep in my purse for travel so I can get the powder into the water bottle without spilling even a gram of the precious powder! Happy trails!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

20candy07
on 1/31/08 5:34 am - Tolleson, AZ
Hi Cassi, How are you doing?  I bought  my New Whey Protein Bullets at the Vitamin Shoppe on Warner and Price.  They cost me 35.00 for a case.  The are located on the northwest corner of Price and Warner across the street from Chandler Mall and I think Chilis.   I like the punch flavor the best and they are easy to carry.  The bullet shape is larger than the amount that is inside which is 3.5 fluid ounces and 42 grams of protein.  If you don't mind the sweetness they are a quick way to get your protein.  It was recommended to me to drink half then the other half a few hours later because we can only absorb 30 grams protein at a time.   Candy
Gena L.
on 2/2/08 1:12 pm - Sun City, AZ
I still do not quite understand what the bullet is?  Is a protein shake in miniature? Gena

Cassi J.
on 2/2/08 4:03 pm - AZ
It's a large vial (about 1" in diameter and 6" long) of clear gel that does not need to be mixed with anything.  You just drink it straight up.  Or, if it is a 42 g vial, you drink half of it in the a.m. and half in the p.m.  They are VERY sweet!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Gena L.
on 2/2/08 6:13 pm - Sun City, AZ
Thank you Cassi....this is like learning a whole new language! Gena

David S.
on 2/10/08 12:16 pm
I like the "new whey" ones Joyce talked about.  I use the Orange and Fruit punch 42 gm variety.  They are 3 oz each, and I usually drink half/half when I'm ramping up my excercise or weight lifting.  Most of my protein calories usualy come from my food.  Once you know what flavors you like, you can buy a bunch from fitnessfirstusa.com (that's where I buy them).  They seem to be a little cheaper to buy in bulk online. Have fun in Africa...
Dave from AZ     
Most Active