Anti Inflamatories

ginau
on 1/24/08 8:38 am - mesa, AZ
Does anyone know of any safe pouch friendly  anti inflamatories??  My wonderful  dentist wants me on one for a couple weeks and I am unaware  of any.
M. clarke
on 1/24/08 3:20 pm
There aren't any. I have had 2 absessed teeth since my surgery. One that they had to cut open because my face and mouth were so swollen it was going to cut off my air supply in my throat. I tried to find anything that I could take for antiinflammatory. My primary doctor, surgery doctor, and dentist all said the same thing. Only a pill. I was even willing to take a shot, but nothing was available. I can tell you that I took 800 mg motrin and I am fine. I had a minor irritation, but it has went away. Not sure if it was related to the motrin or not. I would recommend taking them with Prilosec twice a day while you do take them just to keep the acid down in your stomach. That is what my doctor had me take with it. I think they just don't want us taking them on a regular basis for things like headaches. But if you have a problem with your teeth like an  then you need to take care of it. Good Luck!!
Azskyprincess
on 1/24/08 3:34 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12

my cramps are so bad that tylenol just does NOT even make a dent I called my Surgeon and he said that I could take my Motrin NO more than 2 but only if I really needed to I so did not want to go on pain killers they make me loopy ..He also said to take my Nexium no big deal there because thats the first thing I do when I open my eyes..roll over take purple pill ..good luck hope you feel better..

M. clarke
on 1/25/08 6:17 am
You can also try Magnesia Phos. at a health food store. It is homeopathic, and they disolve under tounge so no swallowing and going into the pouch. They make ones specifically marked for menstrual cramps. If you want to try something other then Mortin. I also take prescription motrin for cramps occasionally, but have found that the Magnesia Phos. has also helped since the surgery, and is better then tylenol. I agree tylenol does absolutely nothing for them.
Ann M.
on 1/25/08 6:43 am - Peoria, AZ
I am on two Arthrotec per day for my arthritis.  I have to take a Prevacid every day so it doesn't bother the pouch.  These were prescribed  by my bariatric surgeon because they are the safest of any around.  I had to be on Celebrex for 2 weeks and I had to not only take Prevacid but another stomach coater 3 times a day.  I can't be without my Arthrotec even here in Phoenix because the pain is too bad.  I'm also on Skelaxin a muscle relaxer.  If I wasn't, I wouldn't be able to function.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
bmajorsncm
on 6/10/08 3:13 pm
I haven't had any problems with Voltaren oral, Voltaren cream, Celebrex, ibuprofen, and Humira. Only thing I had a problem with was Toradol, so I now use injectable ketorolac, and naproxen sodium, so I just don't take that. No pain, no ulcers. YMMV
Most Active