Another Step Down

Robin O.
on 1/23/08 12:35 pm - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
I may actually make it through this time, I got my EDG done today and boy was that one of the worst things ever.  That nirse said she had good drugs and I would not feel a thing but I felt it ALL.  The had to hold my hands down and I felt every inch of that scope going dow, needless to say a lil hard to talk still and feel like I got a marble stuck in my throat.  (down from a golf ball after the procedure)  I hope I will hear more tomorrow on a surgery date.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.
ginau
on 1/24/08 12:20 am - mesa, AZ
Robin Hang in there !! the things we must endure ! It will all be worth it in the end !   I'll keep 2 fingers crossed for you .   
20candy07
on 1/24/08 3:31 am - Tolleson, AZ
I'll be praying for you.  Everyone I've seen who has had surgery looks wonderful!  They are all inspiring.  Hope you get a surgery date real soon.... Best regards, Candy
dramaqnprincess
on 1/24/08 5:26 am - scottsdale, AZ
OMG!!! That sucks,  was that for Gerd??? Yikes!! Good Job!!
MShawn62
on 1/27/08 12:39 pm - Avondale, AZ
That's so great!  I'm glad you back on.  I too got my EDG last week and am hoping the process starts moving along now.   I'm not sure what's next, but I'm just glad we are moving in the right direction! Shawn
Lady Lithia
on 1/28/08 1:14 pm
Oooh Robin, sorry to hear that. When I had my EGD it was with Verced and Fentanyl.... I don't recall a moment of the procedure. I am one of those people *****acts PERFECTLY to Verced... I am responsive to everything they ask me to do, and I can't remember a blessed thing. I have to say, I'm glad because that was my second EGD (both with Verced), and this week I'll have my second Colonoscopy, also both with Verced.... and knowing that it's an eye blink with no knowledge, well that just eases my mind.  Hubby is the same as you. He remembers it ALL, verced is like a very mild sedative with no amnesia .... so he is NOT excited to get his colonoscopy done. He KNOWS he'll remember that, and who the heck wants to remember THAT!!! Good luck to you! Closer Closer Closer!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Robin O.
on 1/28/08 5:24 pm - Sheppard AFB - Wichita Falls, TX
That is what they gave me too and after I yanked it out the first time, he said give her more.  I usually get knocked out easy and I am shocked they did not take.  Oh well I am over it, had a sore throat for a couple of days and could not talk.  hubby loved that and the lil one just whispered back at me and laughed.  Who knew an 18 month old would think that was funny. 
Most Active