Dr. Fang, Mercycare, Check List???

dramaqnprincess
on 1/23/08 1:52 am - scottsdale, AZ
Ok, so I have Dr. Fang and Mercycare. So far this is what I have gotten done, i have my consult for next Tuesday. -blood work -letter from two PCP's -medical records for last 10 years -sleep study -psyche eval -seminar -diet history -proof that I have been on doc monitored diets for 6 months+ -echocardiagram (dont know if this is needed or not) I have to still meet with the Dietician. And I have my ABC's all scheduled for next wednesday. What am I missing? After I meet with Fang and do the ABC's what else do I have left before i can get everything sent off to  mercycare and surgery scheduled?
JRinAZ
on 1/23/08 4:28 am - Layton, UT
Oh my gosh!  I was reading your post thinking "Wow!" she is the super achiever of Pre-Ops!!!......then giggled when I saw your e-mail addy!  ......We,  "drama queens" need to have all our ducks in a row!!!!  Weigh 2 go!  It sounds like you are going to be one of those post-ops that gets to goal in 6 months and has 100 plus protein grams per day with 2 hours of gym time! I love it!  Keep us posted........ To answer your question about what's left to do?  ......  Begin shopping for palatable protein drinks, get yourself a nice journal, take some before pics of every angle and resolve to save your picture outfit for monthly "progressive" photos, measure every spot on your body for your journal,  attend support groups to pump folks for info and to share your own enthusiasm, line up childcare for after surgery (if it applies), pull out one "tight" outfit in your closet to wear the week after your surgery and make a note on your calendar to wear it....Or you'll bypass it all together!, wean yourself right now from sodas, caffeine, smoking, etc. (if it applies), start walking right now so you have a safer surgery and a faster recovery..........continue posting! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

SexyontheInside
on 1/23/08 6:09 am - Surprise, AZ

You are way on top of things!! I am taking the ABC's next wed the 30th also. I guess the only draw back is that they are videos, at least we are getting them done right.  Hopefully I will see you there.

Cassi J.
on 1/30/08 12:57 pm - AZ
Also, take MEASUREMENTS!  I can't believe I forgot to do that, so I have no "before" measurements.  Clothes sizes are a next-best yardstick, I suppose.  It's nice to have measurements, though, because there may (will) be times that the scale isn't budging but you are still getting smaller!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Linda S.
on 1/30/08 1:18 am - PHOENIX, AZ
You are doing great! Doctor Fang is the greatest!! Much luck to you. He did both my daughter and myself.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

karen_n_az
on 2/27/08 1:54 pm - Thatcher, AZ
I think your also going to need a pulmonology test ran.  The EKG is also needed.  I had to have both to be approved.  Make sure you have everything together the first time.  I was denied three times and nearly had to go through meeting with the insurance company face to face.  Lucky for me Dr. Fang's office manager resubmitted all my paperwork! Super Cool!

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

dramaqnprincess
on 2/27/08 3:06 pm - scottsdale, AZ
the pulmonary is just the heart clearance right?? i had that and the ekg done. so i should be good there. the only thing i am worried about is the last 6 months monitored diet, i have been on several, but not throughly documented monthly and not recently.
Most Active