Isn't it funny...

gawump
on 1/18/08 6:50 am - Farmington, NM
It is funny how things become so busy when you can be busy.  I used to have all kinds of time to get on OH and talk with people.  Now 182 lbs lighter, I am almost never on OH.  This is sad, because it is such a wonderful tool in my life long battle with obesity.  The support I have recieved from the people here is fantastic. My baby girl is growing fast.  I don't get to be with her as much as I would like, but then I am still working 2 jobs and going to school.  I must be insane! Marcie is doing well, although she does not like being back at work.  It is only for two days, but they are hard 12 hr days.  I hope to get a better job allowing her to either stay home, or atleast work somewhere she feels she is appreciated.  For now she provides the insurance and will struggle with it. Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the New Year, Richard

A journey of a thousand steps begins with the first one

LAP RNY 06/25/2007

ginau
on 1/18/08 7:18 am - mesa, AZ
Wow  baby is beautiful !!! How about some new pics of dad ?   I am so happy to hear your doing well , So what is happening with school ?  how much longer  and then what ?   I remember  at one time you said something about school  here in Az  up north ??  Keep in touch
gawump
on 1/18/08 7:37 am - Farmington, NM
I might be able to post some pictures of myself...  we will see.  I am still a little camera shy.  Some habits are hard to break!  Especially that one, because before I did't like my body because of the weight, now I don't like my body because of the skin!!! I might be moving to AZ this summer to attend school at NAU in August.  I have been accepted into the Masters of GIS program there.  The real decision maker will be money.  If I can get what I need for tuition and living expenses then we are likely to go. Richard

A journey of a thousand steps begins with the first one

LAP RNY 06/25/2007

Sharon Martinez
on 1/20/08 10:05 am, edited 1/20/08 10:05 am - Mesa, AZ
You know something, I totally  have to agree with you and I totally understand.  I haven't been on here in forever and its been because my life is NOW so busy all the time!  It was never an issue before as I had SO much free time cause all I fealt like doing was sitting in front of this computer!  I have to agree that its been an excellent tool in my life as well...and I feel bad for not being here very much!    I was going to say I was sorry for not being around much but I thought it sounded tacky to say I was too busy to log on..lol..glad you said it first! Have a great week! Sharon M. 
JRinAZ
on 1/20/08 11:40 am - Layton, UT
Sharon! Never feel badly about living and loving your life!  Seize the Day sweetie pie! When you have a spare minute then pop on in and "pay it forward"! .....  Success stories like yours are sooooo inspiring to all of us and your experiences can totally get someone else over a hurdle! One thing I've learned is that when I'm showing up to "give" support........I ALWAYS receive more than I could ever dish out!  Keeps me on the right path!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active