Off to the insurance goes my paperwork

beckipoohbear
on 1/16/08 4:30 am - AZ
Well I just spoke with my surgeon's office and they received the last bit of paperwork from my primary care doctor and as soon as they pull their own support group records, my file is off to the insurance company for approval!  On one hand this is very exciting that I am FINALLY moving to the next step for approval, on the other hand I know as a state employee my odds of being approved are dismal.  At least its better to know and deal with the result than to be in this state of limbo.  Here goes nothing and toss some positive thoughts my way as I wait to find out. Rebecca
westvalley
on 1/22/08 12:59 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Rebecca! I have my fingers crossed for you and my legs and everything else I can for you . Feel the positive energy flowing your way}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Let us know what happens. HUGS Julie
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Deanne K.
on 1/22/08 12:25 pm - Tucson, AZ

Rebecca, Whatever you do, if you really want this surgery, exhaust every avenue if you have too.  Hire a lawyer, it was the best $ I spent fighting the state insurance.  I know that people have gotten approved in the last year as state employees.  What the insurance company will tell you is that it is excluded, but they don't tell you is unless medically necessary. Give it the good fight.  Keep positive and follow everything to the tee. Don't let them win, fight to the last appeal if you have too. I am a state employee too.  It can be done.  I may have to start the fight again and will fight as far as I have too. Deanne

beckipoohbear
on 1/24/08 1:56 am - AZ
Thanks for all your thoughts and advice.  I just called the insurance company and they received the paperwork a couple of days ago and it is pending review.  Here's hoping, they said they should fax the doctor's office within 14 days.  I wonder, can I hold my breath that long????
Deanne K.
on 1/24/08 3:26 am - Tucson, AZ
Well at least they said they had it.  Mine was lost 3 times when we had Cigna. Deanne
Most Active