My Dr's office is making me mad

jschlechty
on 1/23/08 1:03 am - Mesa, AZ
Gena, Your experience almost exaclty mirrors mine.  I had to do several different pre-op tests (bleeding disorder workup, angio gram, etc.) and had completed all of them except the angio-gram by October.  Nicole (the new surgery scheduler because Angelia and just left I later found out)  told me that all she needed was the cardio report and we could schedule.  At that time my wife and were trying to plan the surgery so that it took place during her winter break from school, so I started trying to get ahold of Nicole to ask how far our they were scheduling.  I left message after mesage, and waited and waited for respones that never came.  One day I hit zero for the operator and Nicole made the mistake of answering the phone.  SHe put me on hold for awhile, then came back and told me she had never received the reports from the pulmonologist and the hematologist!!! Like you, I was about readty to launch the phone across the room - but decided to calm down and just ask to have the reports resent.  After confirming with the two offices that they had, indeed been resent, I decided to wait for her to contact me.  Then the familiar message - no answer, operator - promise to have Nicole call back routine started again.  I had also been requesting the name of the hematologist that Dr Juarez would be using so I could have a pre-op consult with him as my Mesa hematologist had instructed me.  This continued thru most of December until I finally reached her after their Christmas break   That time she promised she'd call back by the end of the week - and I nearly fainted when she did! Well, things finaly got scheduled and I had the surgery last week.  Also, both times I have called this week with post-op questions, I got a real person on the phone, so perhaps things are starting to look up in the office.   I would suggest the operator option - at least someone usualy wil talk with you for a few minutes. Good luck on your WLS! :)
dramaqnprincess
on 1/23/08 1:10 am - scottsdale, AZ
I feel the same way. I have my consult on Tuesday, but so far dealing with them seems like a lot of work. I am worried that I wont get my date for months. How long did it take for most of you to get your date from your consult?
SexyontheInside
on 1/23/08 4:07 am - Surprise, AZ

I see that my frustration with them is shared by some others, i am glad I asked for opinions. Although I finally did get a date I had to call everyday until they pretty much hated when I called, I could tell by the sighs when I gave my name. UGH!  After all of my info was submitted and I was approved by the insurance company they took forever to send out my pre-op info, I called Nicole and she said she would send it out the next day. A week later no papers, so I continued to call then she told me she didn't have it done and wouldn't until the following week. Lucky for me my husband works at the hospital and went up there everyday until it was ready to be picked up. The one positive thing about their office is the Surgeon Dr. Juarez, he is very nice and knows what he is doing. I would just advise that you get all of your stuff completed that your insurance requires so it takes less time. From my consult to approval it was 2 months, but that's because I didn't have some stuff done, in total from day of consult to projected surgery day it will be 4 months. It seems like a long time but it happens fast.

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/23/08 9:42 am - Tucson, AZ
I had my consult in Apr 06 and Dr. J told me that I would have surgery in early fall.  Surgery was 20 Sep 06.  This gave me plenty of time to get everything done and save up my co-pay.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Most Active