Looking for Surgeon...

NailsbySheera
on 1/6/08 3:47 am - Chandler, AZ
I know there are a lot of good surgeons out there, and I have several friends who all say "go to mine"...please tell me who you went to and your experience? Good and bad? Were all your questions answered? Did everything go smoothly? I went to the seminar at Scottsdale Bariatric however later found out Dr. Blackstone was not covered on my policy, however Dr. Juarez was one I looked up and he is on my policy...a friend went to him and swears he is awesome! Another friend went to Dr. Schlessinger (sp?) and loves him and says he is the man to see...........HELP! I am excited, nervous, happy, anxious, etc all at the same time and trying to make a game plan..suggestions for a newbie? Thanks Much, Sheera
toleary
on 1/6/08 6:40 am - AZ
Dr Schlessinger is awesome, I never left without all of my questions answered, I was at my goal before the end of the first year and have maintained another year with no problems at all. Tori
JRinAZ
on 1/6/08 6:52 am - Layton, UT
Go to both of their seminars and see what you think.  Both Dr. Juarez and Dr. Schlesinger are incredible. My experience: My 1st WLS was with Zahn (now retired) through Bridges (that's where Jurez and Fang are).....Bridges is awesome and has a very thorough program.  My hubby had Dr. Fang and loved him. I worked for Dr. Simpson and he is the best.....his patient's LOVE him but he's only lapband. I just had a revision with Dr. Schlesinger and after his amazing care my hubby and I both said that every other physician/surgeon's care we've received pales in comparison.  I would have definitely gone with him orginally had I met him first.  He actually offered to drive clear out to Chandler today to pack my wound (at my house).........he calls his patient's himself to check on them!  His skill is amazing.  My incision (I had to have open) is tighter than cleaner than when I had plastic surgery done (plastics were NOT done by Dr. Gitt or anyone at NVPS unfortunately). Anywa, the bottom line is that all of us can recommend but you have to do your research and meet them and feel good about your personal relationship with them.  Follow-up care is very important so making sure someone will follow your progress, guide, teach and keep you up to date with your labs is vital. Congrats on your decision to get healthy!  Good luck with  your decision!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/08 12:18 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I am a huge fan of Scottsdale Bariatrics and Dr Blackstone. She did my rny and 9 months later took out my gall bladder. What a unbelievably passionate women. She is so personal with her patients and has a wonderful ora about her. I am astonshed still by my wonderful recovery time and have had no complications. Good luck on your path. Best of luck and wishes. I also got an email she is adding a new surgeon to her staff in may. You might look into him also. She has wonderful and very informative seminars that are designed to educate you on all your choices and not push you in any direction because there is so many options.  Like all of these. Distal RmY Proximal RnY DS Gastic Sleeve Lap Band.
Gena L.
on 1/7/08 1:56 pm - Sun City, AZ
Dr Juarez will be doing my surgery at Banner Good Samaritan.  There were tentative plans to close Good Sam's bariatric center the 1st of this year. I know for a fact that Dr Jarez and Dr Fang had meetings with hospital admin. at Good Sam. Approximately 2 weeks ago I was advised that Good Samaritan would be continuing with their Bariatric program. They have informational seminars and pre-op programs as well as post-op support programs.  As a former Good Sam employee I was very pleased they decided against closing their center. I feel very confident about having my surgery there as I have had other surgeries there as was very pleased with my post-op care. Dr Juarez was recommended to me by friends who had family members that  he operated on and they were very pleased. Also I have friends in the medical field *****commended him highly.
justcuz
on 1/14/08 11:16 am - Maricopa, AZ

I believe you are right that they are keeping it open now. I got in the mail a reminder about my 6 month post op class last week. So I figured they had changed their mind and decided to stay open afterall. So that is good.

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

Michael B.
on 1/7/08 2:35 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I had my surgery in NC so....but I do see Dr. Schlesinger for post-op care and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. Why don't you come to the support group at chandler regional hospital - just about everyone there had there surgery somewhere else - I'm sure you will find some good opinions there. I think the next meeting is this wed night. I'm not sure though. I will ask in a seperate thread....good luck!

Visit My Newly Launched Blog:

Most Active