Bariatric Doctor

bourgeoisie
on 12/29/07 7:43 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Hi Arizonians Has anyone ever heard of Dr. Gowen B. Nirmul, M.D? He is from True Results website. If so, how is he and hwere do I find out the credentials on a physician? Thank you
JRinAZ
on 12/29/07 11:38 am - Layton, UT
Hi there! I have met Dr. Nirmul.  In fact I worked with him for a short time while he was being trained by Dr. Terry Simpson.  He had only done a handful of lapbands before he moved on so I have no idea whether he's a great surgeon or not   He seems like a nice person though. It's always good to check out 3 or 4 surgeons while making your decision.   Good luck!!!! LOSER'S ROCK!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

bourgeoisie
on 12/30/07 12:10 am - Queen Creek, AZ

Thank you JRAZ, you are so  informative.  A handful is not enough experience.....(sigh) True Results is having this free diagnostic evaluation. Also, they are helping those who need assistance to get their insurance to approve your lapband. I am debating on wether to go to this eval located in Scottsdale. I have never heard of True Results.  Do you know the name of the website that has info on doctors accredibility?  Thank you

ginau
on 12/30/07 2:05 am - mesa, AZ
Check under the resources  over on the left side of the screen,  May I suggest you contact all the Dr's in the local area , You may find you like one more than another, Everyone of them has sucessful patients and failures ,  check out what they offer in follow up and Support , also are they easy to get into if you have an emergency  or need a fill - what additinal cost do they charge ??   I was bent after siting in one office for over 3 hrs on a consult .   I went and did my Dr shopping  prior to surgery .  My top 2 choices  Dr Blackstone  & Dr Schlessinger And lap band would have been Dr Simpson - King of lap banders. But many people like Dr Juarez &  Fang .  See how you click  with your Dr - your going to have a very special relationship with them.
20candy07
on 12/30/07 7:43 am - Tolleson, AZ
Dr Juarez and Dr Fang...are good surgeons....their office staff is short handed and short returning calls these days.....You should take that into considerations.   Happy New Year... Candy
bourgeoisie
on 12/31/07 12:41 am, edited 12/31/07 12:59 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Thank you ginau for the info. I will definitely check into that. I was thinking Terry Simpson at first, but then I had this feeling that if you don't have all the requirements from your insurnce-are they willing to assist you? If not, if you are self pay they seem to be more willing to help.  Maybe it is just me being paranoid....I know he is the" King of Lapbanders."  I will continue to do more research. Thaks ginau
kimcropable
on 1/2/08 8:56 am - Tempe, AZ

Terry Simpson office does all the insurance filing and everything for you also. Have you been to his website.  He is so dang funny, you can really get to know him through his videos at dr site.  If you don't have the site and need it, let me know. Kim Tempe, AZ

bourgeoisie
on 1/2/08 8:58 am - Queen Creek, AZ
HI Kim I am definitely going to have to check his website . Thank you
kimcropable
on 1/2/08 10:14 am - Tempe, AZ
Try this site, http://drsimpson.net/, he has  very website, but I think it is this one, with all the videos.  You click that you can't attend an online seminar and it will pull video of him, you willbe laughing. Let me know what you think.  You can post here for just pm me. Kim
Azskyprincess
on 1/2/08 7:40 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
check out Dr Steven Simon his office did everything for my insurance less than 8 week from first session to surg ...Loved his office staff ...
Most Active