Plastic Surgery Question

Mikkilynn
on 12/29/07 5:07 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello All - I am planning on getting a breast lift with augmentation and read that you should be at your goal weight or close to it. Well, I'm about 35 - 40 pounds from my goal weight. Does anyone know just how close you need to be? I would really like to get this procedure done soon, say in the next couple months. I'm thinking at that point I will still be around 20 - 25 pounds from my goal weight (or goal size).  I don't have so much of a goal weight as I want to be a size 6. I'll even settle for that in between size were you fit in some size 6's and some 8's. So, I'm guessing on the weight  as 125 - 130 lbs to reach my goal size. At this time, I'm not sure if I will need a tummy tuck. Which I understand has to been done at a different time than the breast lift, because the skin is being pulled in two different directions.  Then there is always the possibility that I will also need the bat wings and inner thighs done as well. However, I am working very hard on all these areas in the hopes that I will not need plastic surgery. It's just so darn expensive and exercise is free! Has anyone else had any of these procedures done with Dr Gitt (or any other surgeon) and can give me some insight and approximate cost. I will have to pay for the procedures out of pocket, as I highly doubt that my insurance will cover any of it. I would really appreciate any information. Have a wonderful new year! Michelle
JRinAZ
on 12/29/07 11:33 am - Layton, UT
Hi there Michelle!  Thank you for the well wishes!  .....I flip flop between "I feel fine to ....what the heck happened to me!!!"  I'll survive.  Time heals all wounds eventually..... A couple of pieces of info to help you get started on your hunt. First off, you are very close to your goal range.  It is more important that you are stable with your weight loss than it is to be at your target weight.  Sometimes the plastic surgeries themselves take off those last few and get you to the itty bitty size that you dream of!!!! Every p.s. has different routes but Dr. Gitt will do a tummy tuck with a breast lift at the same time (if you are just having a tummy tuck and not a circumferential body lift).  It's the augmentations that fight the opposite battle of skin pulling.  The breast lift just gets the headlights back in a perky position and ready to "shine on"!!!  However, you may want to ask about the very awesome procedure called an "Autologous" Breast lift.  It actually used the "over the top bra fat/skin" as your filler upper. Some who would like to lose a little more might want to have their breast lift and arms done at the same time.  Those loose skin areas don't make much difference with a small weight loss.  However if you're losing 30 more pounds then you might want to wait on your core work (Tummy tuck, paniculectamy or Body lift). Don't rule out insurance completely yet.  Though it is often a crap shoot; many folks have been able to have a panniculectamy covered by insurance.  That procedure is less than a Tummy tuck but certainly helps.  It's like standing in front of the mirror with just a smile; lifting and pulling your ab area and taking some scissors to do an amputation.  It helps get volume off but doesn't do anything for muscle reconstruction or lifting of the thighs and butt area. How about calling Dr. Gitt's office for a complimentary consultation.?  Yup, that means FREE  It's a good place to start your research (and hopefully fini**** wink wink!) I won't be back to wor****il the middle of January but just ask for Michelle (nice name, huh?) and she can set you up for an appointment and help you out. We have seen amazing results with people who think they are still "fat" or not at their goal weight; only to find out that a little nipping and tucking gets them exactly where they want to be!!!! Congrats on your weight loss!  You Rock! By the way.....anyone can read bunches of reviews by other patient's who have had Dr. Gitt.  Just click on "Find a Plastic Surgeon" at the top of this page.  There are also a bunch of reviews on him on kudzu.com .....writing while on pain pills so take the weird with a grain of salt!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Cyndi W.
on 12/29/07 12:37 pm - Gold Canyon, AZ
Just curious does this office have a financing plan or a outside financing that they work with?
Cyndi n AZ

Mikkilynn
on 12/29/07 1:40 pm - Mesa, AZ
Thanks Joyce for all the wonderful information.  I will definitely setup an appointment with Dr Gitt after the holidays. I hope to see you there. Wow, it's so exciting to think that 'the girls' can once again be upright and perky! Plus this stubborn fat and saggy skin will be a thing of the past. I definitely would like to get my arms done along with the breast lift. I want to be able to wear sleeveless tops this summer. As for the financing, according to North Valley Plastic Surgery website, they do offer financing through Capital One.  You can click on the link or call the number listed to apply. Take care, Michelle

DrGitt
on 1/3/08 5:54 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Michelle: Well, there's not much that I can add to what Joyce said. We do work with several finance companies, though. Many of our patients have had breasts and/or arms done, with great results, before they have completed their weight loss . I look forward to meeting you! Happy New Year. Steven Gitt, MD, FACS
Most Active