Update from Joyce

JRinAZ
on 12/28/07 12:56 am - Layton, UT
I am soooooo loopyy!  Please fotgive oopsies........ First off......a big huge THANKS to all for their well wishes, inquiies and prayers!  Jeanna said that people were wondering so I'll give a quickie overview.......... Surgery happened as scheduled on Weds.  Since I work in the same building that the surgery took place; I just went to work and then showered there when they were ready for me.  There were a few fires to put out at work that morning so it kept my mind very busy! I know the O.R. team well so it was kind of weird to crawl up on the table knowing they'd be seeing every possible view of me..........both inside and out.  I had asked Kathy W. to go in the O.R. with me.  She is Dr. Schlesinger's Bariatric Coordinator and a very dear friend.  She seemed to be there comforting me at every needy moment!  Kathy W......YOU are an Angel! Anyway, everything went well.  There was a mix-up delivering me to the right location by the medical transport.  My hubby was on the phone with Dr. Gitt though who made sure it all happened for me to get tucked safely away in  a bed at P.V. Just the normal recovery stuff going on........pain, nausea, clear liquids, etc. I had a chemical peel done on my face at the same time so honestly that has hurt worse than the big old open incicsion down my tummy. big Hugggzzz and kudos to Dr. Schlesinger.  He visited and comforted me before the surgery (I was a wreck!) and visited me twice on Weds and Thursday; just kind of hanging out andgiving me oodles of time to get all questions answered. Yahoooooooooo!  I am now a Distal Rny!  I'm dedicated to being very compliant with supplements and exercise and intend on having a fantastic life! Thanks again freinds!  You totally rock!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/07 1:30 am - AZ
Joyce here is wishing you a great recovery!!! Hopefully you'll be seeing me soon, I really want to start the plastic phase of my journey plus I think I have a hernia. Take care of yourself, I'll be thinking of you..... Hugs, Erin
toleary
on 12/28/07 2:05 am - AZ
JOYCE, Glad to know all is well, Dr Schlesinger is an awesome surgeon........ Rest and get well soon. Tori
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/07 2:18 am - AZ
Joyce,
Thanks for updating us on your recovery.
I'm so happy everything went great for you.
Best wishes to a smooth recovery.

Lorrie
kimcropable
on 12/30/07 3:41 am - Tempe, AZ
Joyce,  I am taging onto your email!  I saw you used Dr. Simpson.  On a scale of 1-10, how happy were you with him.  I am going for the Lap-band, I have 115 lbs to lose and I have been really impressed by really everything I have read about him and seen on his video.  He seems to be really funny.  I am going to his meeting on the 8th.  But, I would like to talk to a "real" patient also.  Can you tell me a little bit about him and your experience with being banded? Thanks, Kim Tempe, AZ
Michael B.
on 12/28/07 2:40 am - Gilbert, AZ

Joyce, It's great to hear you are doing well! I knew you'd be fine, but to hear for sure (or read in this case) is comforting. I hope your recovery goes smoothly and comfortably. Hopefully, we'll see you real soon...

Visit My Newly Launched Blog:

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 12/28/07 3:42 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey there sweetie pie.  I just knew you would do great with all the support you have, including the medical support.  That is wonderful that Dr. Gitt made sure you were where you were suppose to be.  I know we all don't have to tell you what to do because you have been there before.  Get lots of rest and let Mr. Jim wait on you over the New Year holiday.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Ann M.
on 12/28/07 8:24 am - Peoria, AZ
I'm so glad everything went well.  I've heard that the face peel hurt and now you'll look like you have a sunburn for the next few months.  Keep on sipping and moving.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
pwrightt
on 12/28/07 9:39 am - PHOENIX, AZ
So glad all went well. I do want to hear more about the chemical peel. Have a safe and healthy recovery. No one has to remind you. Drink water, water and more water Pam
flyrep
on 12/28/07 4:42 pm - AZ
Im so glad all went well for you. You have been in my thoughts. Rest up and start your new life! :) Love ya!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Most Active