Bad Dreams

MShawn62
on 12/27/07 9:12 pm - Avondale, AZ
Has anyone experienced dreams about different people having surgeries that have gone bad or just being in the hospital and all of a suddent things go very bad.  I have had about three over the last couple of weeks and last night I had one where I was visiting a friend that just had a baby and she started bleeding really bad during our visit and all the doctors and nurses rushed in and she died of a heart attack.  I'm guessing this is some what normal prior to surgery...right? Shawn
flyrep
on 12/28/07 4:44 pm - AZ
I havent had any problems but wanted to say I can understand how it could happen. Have you had your WLS yet?

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

MShawn62
on 1/2/08 4:08 am - Avondale, AZ
No, just got approved a few weeks ago and I'm waiting for my date.  I was told probably the beginning of Feb.
MShawn62
on 1/2/08 4:09 am - Avondale, AZ
How are you doing by the way?  I saw your post about being in the OR a lot.  Have things gotten any better?
flyrep
on 1/2/08 6:03 am, edited 1/2/08 6:04 am - AZ
Im doing much better. No more problems with stones. Within a day of the IUD being removed I started feeling back to normal. Other then the stones and not being able to have a good bm all my illnesses had nothing to do with my WLS. Im feeling much better. Im active and am starting to notice changes in myself and my body. Im a little over 4 months out and am shocked about how much I have lost. My 20's are now too big! Im in an 18 20 shirt as well. I have always had big breast and now Im in a C cup. WOW! I think Im missing my breast the most.  I hate my bat wings the most. having the WLS has changed my life. Its sort of hard to stay in good thoughts when you feel so bad but once that over it really does turn around.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

MShawn62
on 1/4/08 3:55 am - Avondale, AZ
I'm glad your feeling better!  I had kidney stones twice and boy oh boy did that hurt.  I'm so happy for your success so far.  I can't wait to get healthy!!  I've already started some new years resolutions to get me on the right track.  I was wondering how long I should expect to be out of work.  I was thinking I could go back like a day or so after I get out of the hospital.  Do you think that's realistic?  I'm having the RNY too.  Thanks, Shawn
flyrep
on 1/4/08 10:06 pm - AZ
Im glad Im feeling better too!   To me stones where more painful then birth. I stay at home with my girls. I had pretty good pain still at 5 to 6 weeks out but only at my port site. My hubby stayed home for 4 weeks. I couldnt left my at the tinme 13 month old. Depending on what you do for a living will depend on how much time to take off. If you have a desk job I would think a couple of weeks. But if you have to take the pain killers I wouldnt go back or have someone drive me.  When is your date??? 

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

MShawn62
on 1/5/08 6:16 am - Avondale, AZ
I don't have a date yet.  I was approved about 2 or 3 weeks ago and the doctors office said it looks like the beginning of February.   Yeah those kidney stones were really bad!.  I'm a crazy water drinker now and I haven't had them for about 3 years now.  I hope they never come back!!! Thanks for the info.  Maybe I can take a few weeks of short term disability.  I do a lot of desk work, but part of my job requires standing for long periods of time.  I will call the HR people and find out what my options are.  I guess I was thinking that since it was laproscopic, I would be able to get right back.   Shawn
Azskyprincess
on 1/5/08 3:45 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
I was off for 17 days..I wish I could have been off longer...give yourself at least a week if its a sit down job..
M. clarke
on 1/5/08 4:54 pm
Shawn, It sounds like you probably have some anxiety about the surgery. Unless you have a history of precognitive dreams or episodes I would think it is likely just anxiety. Those are really scary dreams you are having.. You might consider a few session with a good counselor just to figure out how to deal with the anxiety.  If you want someone good google  Lisa Galper. She works with weight loss patients pre-surgery and post. Helps them to prepare for surgery, and the stress associated with it, as well as coping skills for all the changes that you will go through. She is awesome. She does a lot of seminars and workshops also. Dreams do have meaning. It doesn't always mean what your dreaming will come true, but it certainly is trying to tell you something. Even if it is that you are scared and your body is trying to deal with it by spurting out really scary dreams through your subconscious. It really is worth a few extra dollars to do what you need to take care of yourself during this time. Emotions, anxiety, all of that can make recovery harder. Remember stress can cause a heart attack, and that is just an emotion!  Think about what anxiety can do to your body while your trying to recover. Get help prior to surgery on how to deal with it , so you can take the best care of yourself after the surgery. Take good care of you! Mind, body, and spirit! I think sometimes we get so concerned with our bodies we forget about our minds. I know I do sometimes :)
Most Active