Distal in FOUR Days! Yikes!

JRinAZ
on 12/21/07 10:33 pm - Layton, UT

Holy Cow!  I'm just 4 days away from being sliced, diced and rearranged! ........I've had Gastric Bypass before (Proximal Rny), 4 other major surgeries and work for North Valley Plastic Surgery for Heaven's Sake!!!!  You'd think I'd be chilled and cool as a cucumber over my Revision to Distal BUT............I could use some cyber hugs if any of you are out there!  I bought everything on my pre-op list yesterday and the reality hit me like a ton of bricks!!!!!   MAJOR SURGERY!!!!!  Pain!!!  Liquids for weeks!  Uncertainty!!!! Whew!  Taking a deep breath..............I guess I'm on the other side of the fence again and can't wait to have it over with so I can post happy thoughts instead of heavy ones!!!! Any hints to help me get set?????

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 12/21/07 11:08 pm - Tucson, AZ

Joyce...girlfriend

I am thinking of you often and the only advice I have for you is to have faith in God and your surgeon.  That is what I did when I had my surgery.  I know you will do great.

~Becky

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

M. clarke
on 12/22/07 7:04 am
Of course your not a cucumber! Surgery is scary! Any surgery is scary, and uncertain. I'm guessing (and this is a guess obviously) that the things you might be afraid of are things that are likely out of your control.  No one likes to be put to sleep. No one likes that vulnerability. No matter how much we trust our doctors, we still don't like that.  Afraid of the pain? I would be. I hate surgery pain. Of course you are scared you are having surgery!!!  So give yourself 5 minutes and allow all that fear to consume you. Just let it all come to surface. What are you scared of?? What do you really think is going to happen??? Are you afraid of dieing? I would be! I think a lot of us are when we have surgery. SO allow all those fears. And just sit with them. And feel them. Give them some time. Now shake it off!!!! :) You are going to be just fine Joyce :)  (((( JOYCE )))  Big cyber hug for you. I've said a prayer and am sending warm wishes and thoughts your way. Your an old pro when it comes to Surgery :) Your fear is normal, you know it is. The pain will come and as normal you will deal with it, and soon forget it once your surgery is done and you have recovered. You will come out of surgery and you will be just fine! And I will be saying prayers and sending you warm thoughts through out the day! Liquids are nothing. You've done that been there. Set all these fears aside and enjoy Christmas!!!!! :) Love & Hugs!
Megs515
on 12/22/07 1:20 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Good Luck Joyce!!! We are all here rooting for you! You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted!!
ginau
on 12/22/07 4:49 pm - mesa, AZ
Joyce  Your in great hands , We all pray for a uneventful surgery for you ! quick in and out . Have Jim post for you !  & if you need anything call - I am minutes down the road.
pwrightt
on 12/23/07 12:21 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Joyce: Sending along a big huge cyber hug. Your positive and winning attitude will get you though this just fine. Can't wait to see your post about this experience.  One thing I have just started is reading inspiration books. Wow do they help. Maybe pick one up. It does get you off to a get day. Pam
20candy07
on 12/23/07 10:48 am - Tolleson, AZ
Hey Jouce......cyber hug!!!!  I'm praying for you...... Candy
Candi Y.
on 12/24/07 12:09 am - Cottonwood, AZ

YOU ARE ALWAYS HERE FOR ALL OF US, WHENEVER & WHEREVER WE NEED YOU, SO THIS IS OUR TIME TO BE HERE FOR YOU AND I KNOW WE ALL ARE!!!

WITH YOUR COURAGE & STRENGTH YOU'LL BE FINE!!  WISHING YOU THE VERY BEST ALWAYS

CANDI

JRinAZ
on 12/25/07 11:11 am - Layton, UT
Hey all you GREAT WLS friends!   I am prepped and ready!  LOL!  If I can make it til 1pm tomorrow with "Nothing past midnight" then I will definitely make it through the surgery! Thank you sooooooooooooo much for your kind wishes and prayers!  I'll post when I can! I hope everyone has had a fantastic Christmas!  Mine has been wonderful!  ......Gear yourselves for a very Happy New Year!!!! I'm looking forward to being a LOSER again!!!  Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!!! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 12/27/07 12:27 am - Tucson, AZ
Thinking of you today Joyce.  Hope you are doing well.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Most Active