Does anyone else have trouble getting a hold of anyone in Dr. J's office?

SisterMadly
on 12/19/07 12:33 am
Photo of Anna B I lost my day planner, and I have been trying to call Dr. J's office to find out when my post - op appointment is, and I cannot get anyone to answer the phone. I push zero for the operator and still get a machine that says "don't leave a message." I am so frustrated. I love Dr. J, but something is not right about his office. It is very, very hard to get someone to answer a phone. (I am trying reeeeaaaaly hard not to curse here) Do any of you have the extension numbers? They were in my day planner too. I am so lost without it, lost it while on my pain meds, so I have no idea where it is. Thanks, Y'all. Anna 
PS - I accidently posted this to a different board by mistake.  Sorry if you are reading this twice. 
Megs515
on 12/19/07 2:16 am - Phoenix, AZ
I know what you mean! I had the hardest time getting someone on the phone to make my first post-op appointment. The only entension number that I have is Nichole's (surgery scheduler) and it is 107. I hope you get a hold of someone soon!!
SisterMadly
on 12/19/07 2:58 am
Finally, I got through to someone around 11 am.  Unfortunately, I missed my post op appt. it was 2 days ago.  It sure would be nice if they would call you the day before like most other doctors offices do, especially since people who have just had surgery are not exactly "with-it."  Now my first post op appt. is January 14th!  That was the best they could do for me.  That is a long time to wait for a post - op.  I know it's my fault for not paying attention, but I am mad anyway.  This full liquid diet has me in a bad mood in general because I cannot stand artificial sweeteners and artificial protein.  I feel like I have PMS!  Seriously, I wish I did not have the surgery.  No way to turn back now though.  I have to find a way to make the most of things. 
Megs515
on 12/19/07 3:52 am - Phoenix, AZ
I know what you are going through...just stay positive. I've also thought that I'd made a mistake but then again I think most people  who have the surgery think the same thing. Just stick with it...It will definitely be worth it in the long run.
SisterMadly
on 12/19/07 3:54 am
I hope so.  Thanks.
20candy07
on 12/23/07 7:53 am - Tolleson, AZ

I also had a hard time getting Dr. J's office to fill out my disability forms.  They never did. Luckily the CIGNA rep for my company was very flexible and paid me.  Anyone *****ally needed the money and couldn't get their forms done would have been in a world of hurt financially.. I had to make an appointment with Dr. J., fill out my return release to work and have him sign it there in front of me.  I hear they lost 4 people in one day. I was lucky to get Diana Barnes to fill out my Dr's note excusing me from work for my surgery before she quit.  I hope I won't need the office's services anylonger just for a follow up appointment in a couple of months.  I like Dr. J.  Wonder if he knows what is going on in his office?  That is customer service is the most important way.....it's someone's health and not a sales transaction...... He needs help in the office I'm sure.  Maybe it is a potiential work opportunity for someone who has had WLS.   Merry Christmas All!! Candy

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 12/23/07 11:56 pm - Tucson, AZ
May I suggest mentioning to Dr. J your concerns about his staff.  I'm sure he would be interested to know and maybe something would come of you telling him.  I always hated the fact that they don't give you reminder calls for appointments and when you call the office you never get a live person.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

karen_n_az
on 12/23/07 12:38 am - Thatcher, AZ

I totally feel what your going through and so do all of the doctors here at the ER is Safford.  They were, least to say, pissed when during an emergency could not get anyone to answer or return their calls.  After the ER doctor finally got a call back from the surgeon on staff, the surgeon still wouldn't provide her with a better number to contact him back.   And about the entire do not leave a message thing, well its true because it won't do you any good.  I left 2 before going to the ER.  I was practically begging them to call me back.  Lotta good it did.   On a positive side, I love Dr. Fang.  I don't care to much for his med-students, but everyone has to learn somewhere I guess.  They let me practice on med-surg at the hospital.  I know how stressed out and uncertain I feel about things at times.  His office staff ticks me off a lot.  I eventully skipped over Colene and went to Heather, the office manager, to see that my paperwork was delivered correctly to the insurance company for approval.  It was a big mess that cost me months of waiting for my surgery date. Try and get Heathers extension and leave a message on her voice mail.  I had it at one point but I've recently moved and everything is everywhere right now.  Ask around on the board I know someone will give it to you.  She has always called me back. 

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

Most Active