Long Wait!....Just venting

westvalley
on 12/10/07 1:19 am - Glendale, AZ
Anyone scheduled 2 or more months out for surgery? What are you doing to past the time and keep busy? My surgery is scheduled for March 25th and my anxiety has cooled a bit. I have been trying to keep myself busy with my family, work and school but sometimes I do wish I could nudge things along. People keep telling me it will be here before you know and I know that's true but sometimes that doesn't help. I am not complaining just looking for inspiration I guess. Anywho I thought it would be interesting to hear what the rest of you are doing....or maybe its just me .
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
babytamtam
on 12/10/07 9:00 am - Phoenix, AZ
I just talked to the ladies in the office last week and she said Dr. Blackstone was booked all the way till June!  That's crazy!  I begged them to schedule me an appt for June but they said they couldn't till I get they got an approval.  I wonder how long mine will be if I get approved in June.  Best of luck to you!  March will be here before you know it!
westvalley
on 12/10/07 8:57 pm - Glendale, AZ
WOW! June?! Yeah it will bascially be 5 month for me. I was approved in Oct. I was going to switch doctors but I think this is where I needed to be. The other surgeon was great but I felt like I was just rushing a process that I have been so blessed to have and things will happen in the time it's suppose to. Thank you and good luck to you also.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
M. clarke
on 12/10/07 10:15 am
Time will really move quickly for you. I had a two month wait when I had mine, and it almost felt like it came to quickly. Keep in mind that it is the holidays, so it is a plus that you will have a few months post holidays to de-stress yourself and lose a few extra pounds pre-surgery which will help for a better recovery and easier surgery. I feel sorry for those who are having the surgery right during the holidays. That is no fun. Consider yourself fortunate you get to enjoy the holiday as well as get through all the craziness  of it all before your surgery :) It really will be here quickly :) Congrats on getting a surgery date. Your almost there :)
westvalley
on 12/10/07 8:54 pm - Glendale, AZ
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I have been busy with the holidays and planning for school so your are totally right. I remember when I first got approved in October I was so excited then she told me the date and I was like . But I do know that good things come to those who wait. I just need somemore distraction I guess. Thank you
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
AliciaB
on 12/10/07 11:13 pm - AZ
I started the process in Nov. 2006 and did get my surgery till August 2007. What I did to pass the time was start to exercise and build some strength. It made my recovery so much better. I know that the wait is so hard but as you know, everything comes in its time. Stay with the sight and pick everyones brains for all the things that they have done to be a success. Good luck to you!
westvalley
on 12/11/07 2:39 am - Glendale, AZ
Thank you so much for the feedback!
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
quiltz
on 12/12/07 3:00 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I doubt you can find one of Dr. B's patients that hasn't had a long wait to have their surgery...myself included.  There is a reason for that....she is good and worth the wait.  There is probably another point to be made as well, she is an ultra-perfectionist and has not been too diligent about finding additional doctors to add to the practice.  Personally, I would love for her to have another person in the office, but I wouldn't want her to lessen her standards just to fill the space.  Have patience.  You will get to the Loser's Bench before you know it.  Good luck.
westvalley
on 12/12/07 8:46 pm - Glendale, AZ

Your so right! Thanks

***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
flyrep
on 12/16/07 2:55 am - AZ
Wow thats a long wait. Im sorry. I havent been on in a while I have had some issues and am now starting to feel better. Just know that March isnt too long from now. Everything will work out. Im still very happy I did this but understand life will change. Use this time to love this time of year with a whole tummy. You will never eat like u have again. Just think all will be here b4 u know it. :) Think good thoughts and stay busy. That helped with the wait time.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Most Active